CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Players never change...

Mike inhaled sharply as he sat up straight from the bed.
  He looked around and discovered he had no memory of the room.

"What? Where?" He rubbed his temple which felt like his heart was now in. He didn't understand what was happening, he had dropped Anna and the next thing...

He groaned. "I didn't drink, this can't be a hangover."

He looked down at himself and frowned at his nakedness. "Okay, this is bad." He looked to the floor and saw his shirt and it clicked.

This is a sex scene!

He threw the covers off him and quickly started getting his things off the floor. He wanted to know what was happening because this could get extremely out of hand.

He pulled his shirt over his body and then the door opened to reveal Sidney walking in.

And that moment Mike's heart dropped.

"Oh," she said with a grin "Mike, you're awake." She put up a glass of water "Thirsty?"

He slapped her hand away causing the glass to land and wet the bed. "Are you crazy?! What did you do to me?!"

She looked suprised at his action. "What are you saying? You were the one that came on me."

Mike stepped back. "No...Sidney, I was...I was drunk. I didn't want anything to do with yo-"

She pressed her finger against his lips. "You did. You were the one moving with me in those sheets. I don't regret that action, do you?"

Mike pulled her hand away. "Of course I do! I'm in a relationship with Anna and I'm enjoying it! What the fuck is wrong with you? You didn't even try to stop me!"

Sidney giggled catching him off gaurd. "Why should I, Mike? What I said on my birthday was the truth and I know you did too..." She leaned in for a whisper "I could always tell when you're lying."

He kept silent for a second then turned to the door. "I'm leaving."

Sidney placed a hand on his chest. "So soon? You slept off before we could hit round five."

"Then savour those four rounds." He told her as he pulled her hand off "Because we're never, ever, ever doing this again."

He walked up to the door but before he stepped out he looked at her over his shoulder. "And don't you tell anyone about this, I'll pity you and keep this sickening action that you just did a secret as well."

He closed the door leaving Sidney who had on a wicked grin. "You didn't deny."

********************************************

As Mike stepped out of the cab that had taken him home he saw Wills resting against the door with his eyes glued to his phone.

"Your car was parked in front of your place and your Butler never saw you get back in. Did anything happen?"

Mike didn't know how to respond to that question. He couldn't tell him what just happened to him.

"I just had to go out." He told him as he reached for the door but Wills didn't move. "Speak the truth and shame the devil. Unless you're already Lucifer."

Mike looked at him. "I told you that I had to step out. Is that hard to believe?"

Wills didn't say anything for a moment still looking down at his phone, then he pushed past him. "I won't say a word, Mike, it's not my place to, but I'm telling you to stay away from that life. You don't need that."

He left Mike's house but instead of him to step into it he stood at the entrance for a while thinking of how messed up the situation was.

Eventually all the stalling got Patrick to open the door. "Is everything alright, Sir?"

He looked up at him. "I feel like shit."

The Butler frowned. "Well, to be honest, we eventually feel like shit from time to time, but it matters on how we take care of that shit. It's between you leave it there or you flush it. I think you should flush, it helps."

He stepped aside. "Now if you'll kindly step in, the meal awaits your stomach."

Mike smiled at him. Patrick might not know it but he was like a father to Mike since his was hardly around.

He nodded. "Thanks, and do you want to join me?"

Patrick shook his head. "I'm sorry, sir, but I just had my own lunch, but I can watch and play the violin as you eat."

Mike chuckled. "Unnecessary. But have you ever played FIFA?"

The Butler grinned. "I believed you'll never ask."

*********************************************

When Mike walked into the classroom and caught sight of Anna giggling with two girls at the end of the classroom. It had been two days ever since the incident and he hadn't replied any of her texts or answered any call, he felt like he didn't have a right to look into her eyes and speak.

He turned away when Anna noticed him and was about to go for the door but she called him.

"Raccoon!"

His muscles tensed as her voice went into his ears but he still turned back to her. "Hey."

She walked up to him and looked him in the eyes making him feel uneasy about the silence then she placed a hand on his face. "Wills told me you were sick suddenly. I tried to come but Mum killed me with her fashion teaching. I'm sorry I left you all alone."

Mike's fingers crossed her hand's skin as he looked down at her. Wills had kept his end by not telling Anna what had happened, but he couldn't find the voice to speak.

Instead he lied.

"Yeah," he said with a weak smile "Kinda came out of nowhere, but I'm good. Fashion lessons, huh? You ready to take over already?"

She blushed. "I'm a bit scared about it. I'm not sure I'm re-"

He leaned down a bit. "If there's anything you are, Deer, is ready. You have class that no one else has. You can rule that job, it's hereditary just like the crown your mother and father wear. You'll be great."

She smiled a bit as her hand rolled up to his hair. "I might not need that crown, because you already treat me like a queen, Raccoon."

The girls behind them went "Awww." Loving the moment between them but they didn't know that inside Mike felt like he could break from those words.

Her eyes held hope. She was in love with him and he with her but now...

I feel like a piece of my heart hurts.

Mike laughed a bit. "You're lucky that you're my girlfriend, other wise I would give you a nasty nickname."

She pressed her lips into his. "Guess I'm really lucky. And the twins want to go to the amusement park again for some event. They begged for you to come."

"I got the edge over your brothers?" He asked with a grin

"You should be happy." She told him "You're getting along well with your future brothers-in-law."

Mike felt the pain once more in his chest. "Heh," he said "I can't tell whether you're joking or not."

She smirked. "That depends on whether or not you get on one knee later. Your choice."

Mike looked back at the clock and realized he had a class. "Hold that thought, I gotta a class." He quickly pecked her forehead before pulling away "I'll call you to get the rest of the information."

As he closed the door he pressed his back into his and looked up to the ceiling.

I can't go on carrying this guilt...not again.