8.

"Hey, kid! It's already the end of the line, get up!"

What?

I rubbed my eyes in a flurry and blinked them open to see an old man looking down at me, leaning against the handrail.

My eyes swivelled around to find that the train was spotlessly empty apart from us two. Where's Deb? Daniel? The others? Where did they go?

Memories slowly started sinking in and I groaned, slamming my head against the wall. Right. They left before me. But I was supposed to interchange to the line towards Eoma and I fucked up.

Namely, falling asleep.

"Sir, what time is it?" I murmured, pulling myself up with the handrail.

"A good three a.m., kiddo," he huffed, taking out a handkerchief and dabbing it at his forehead. He breathed heavily, his feet tottering on the ground. "The train stops now, if you didn't know."

"Crap, I know." I whipped out my phone, ready to call a taxi. "Thanks for waking me up."

"It's no problem. I should've woken you up earlier, though-you looked so peaceful sleeping that I didn't want to wake you up!"

I scurried out of the train as fast as I could and when my face was out of his view, I grimaced. Got the creeps.

Rushing up the stairs two at a time, I pressed my phone to my ear, waiting for the annoying voice to greet me. When I skidded around the corner and the line went dead I almost yelled in the empty station.

"How the hell...? You sure are doing your job well, taxi company," I muttered under my breath, clenching my fist. Slamming my card on the reader and stumbling out of the station, I was surprised to be greeted by commotion. At this time of night?

Fluorescent lights were still blinking around the streets, neon signs were flashing everywhere and people were still walking on the dusty streets

I then realised this must be Viva station. A bunch of pubs? Still brightly lit at two a.m.? Loud chatter at this hour? Definitely the dodgy area where they sell drugs to kids like the older seniors at my school. Hell, it's even rumoured that juniors go nowadays.

I trudged along the street, trying to ignore the leering looks men were giving me as I shivered in my clothes that gave me next to no warmth. Peering into the pubs, I just about recognised some of my senior "friends" dancing around in blinding pink, green and blue lights. The pounding music was so deafening I could feel my heart shake with every beat, and the pub was full of the older popular kids.

As soon as I was about to look away and search for nonexistent taxis, I heard Sori's voice yell, "Yo! Won!"

Her slurred voice clearly showed she was deep into the drunk stage, and her friends seemed to be in the same state. I could just about make out their flushed faces, flashing there and then. I puffed out a big sigh before brightening my expression and turning around. "Hey, Sori!"

My super pretty, popular, perfect-without-trying senior was waving at me and stretching her red rosebud lips into a grin. "Wanna join us, hon?" she yelled over the booming music.

The many boys surrounding her all swivelled their heads toward me and a blond guy wolf-whistled. "She's hot!" he shouted.

I rolled my eyes. "No thanks, Sori! On my way to meet someone!"

"Boyfriend?" she asked, wiggling out of the crowd and walking towards me. The moonlight shone on her flushed cheeks and she had a small smirk on her face.

Whoops. "Hmmmm...kind of?" I played, copying her smirk onto my face. "You know...for today..."

"Ohh, I see what you mean," she murmured, the sly look on her face growing. She snaked an arm around my back and patted my shoulder twice. "Well, have fun, babycakes! Let's hang soon."