14.

—1:20p.m

"I am so spying on you."

I almost dropped my phone in the sink as I applied the last of my blush on my cheeks. "Dude!"

"What? I'm making sure all goes well, Won!" Bay defended herself, her voice distant. I turned on the speaker to hear her clearly. "Won't you feel safe if I'm watching?"

"Well, kind of." I zipped my makeup bag shut and glanced at my normal reflection. I ran a check through my outfit, pieced together with a black cap with a small red heart on the front, a red pullover with a black squiggle in the center, black denim shorts with ripped edges and red socks with 2 black stripes near the top. Acceptable enough. "But you're gonna tease me to hell and back. Also what if you squeal?And you have to pay for the aquarium tickets too.."

"Don't worry, that's like, the least of my worries. I think I can contain my squeals! Besides, it'll be friendly bullying," she sang, laughing.

I undid my roller from the top of my head and adjusted my bangs. She had a point. I would feel safer. "You know that even if things don't go well, you can't intervene right?"

"Yeah, yeah," she reassured. "However, I can buy you ice cream and do stuff you wanna do if he doesn't!"

I smiled, tearing my eyes away from the mirror and fastening my purse shut. "Fine. Meet me at Xinpi station at one fifty, okay?"

"Shit, that's far! Gotta blast and get ready, bye!"

The line went dead and I slipped on white sneakers, leisurely walking out the door towards the railway station.

---

"You look really freaking good," Bay said for the fifth time on the train.

"Okay, okay, I get it...but do you really have to say it five times?" I protested, slapping a hand on my forehead.

"Yes I do, get it into your head!" She laughed, crossing her legs and leaning back. "We're almost there, look."

I saw the little moving dot a millimetre away from Dolca station and my heart beats started to pick up pace, sending cold shivers through my body.

"Bay, I'm nervous," I cried, shaking her arm. "Why?!"

"Because this is your first date!" She said in a shocked voice. "With him, at least. Your previous dates were crap, right? I think you're just anticipating this date a lot."

"Hmm..." I pondered this idea. "That sounds right, actually."

"See?" The train stopped to a halt and we stood up, walking to the opening doors. "Don't worry. I'll give you encouraging glances if ya need 'em."

I released my anxious grip on her and smiled. "Thanks, friend."

The doors opened and we walked out, Bay grinning. "No problem! I'll hide out in Matsun while you meet Austin. He's here already, right?"

"Yeah, texted me 5 minutes ago," I said as we went up the stairs. "Boo me, being 2 minutes late."

"You sacrificed your precious time for me, Won." Bay blew me a kiss. "Good luck, bye!"

Bay rushed into the Matsun by the station exit.

I pressed my card down to the reader and went outside, looking for Austin. My heart raced and I tried to pat the area slowly to calm myself. Don't worry, don't worry. It'll be fine. It'll be fine.

I exhaled loudly and finally spotted Austin gulping down a bottle of tea, standing by the right exit. Get ready, Won, I thought to myself. I straightened my face and relaxed my limbs, plastering a smile on my face.