37: Benched

Three days pass. We flew back out to Ohio. Tasha wanted to stick with the same doctor, for the baby. She was out at a doctors appointment and then she was gonna pick me up, from cleaning the house, so we can go shopping for the baby's clothes.

The house wasn't that dirty. Seeing as I used to be a housemaid, it was a breeze. I had everything done.

I heard someone slip something under the door. I looked at it confused and picked it up. Opening it, the letter further read:

"The park where we celebrated the Fourth of July. I'll be waiting.

~XX"

I grabbed my keys and locked the door behind me. I drove maybe a little bit over the speed limit. Arriving at the park, I sat in my car. I looked around and saw him. He was wearing camouflage, with stripes on the arms. I sat and looked at him for a moment.

He looked around, rubbing his hands together. Sat on a bench, with his elbows on his knees, he slouched. I just wanted to run to him and hold him. His hair was almost golden in the early afternoon rays.

I took a deep breath. I knew what I had to do. I needed to ask him if I really was just a mission all along. I didn't want to be lead on. And why him? Why did he make me fall for him? He was beautiful. Not just physically. Maybe he wasn't leading me on. Maybe I wasn't a mission. Maybe it was pure coincidence.

I sigh and put my phone and keys in my pocket, and get out of the car. I looked around and saw children playing with bubbles, dogs running about, and gossip moms. (Also I think there was a drug deal in the shadows, but couldn't be too sure.)

I walked over and sat next to him, on the bench. I felt his hand slowly hold mine.

"Was I a mission?" I blurt.

"Wh-What?" He looked at me confused.

"Was I your mission?" I ask again.

"M..." He started.

"Don't. Just answer the question. Yes or no?" I drew in my breath.

"Yes." He sighed and bowed his head. "But I genuinely love you."

I felt a tightness in my chest. Drawing my hand away from his quickly. I couldn't look him in the eye.

"Marilyn..." He pleaded.

I looked at him. His eyes so blue and so longing. His face twisted with an expression of concern.

I shut my eyes, feeling a tear fall. I wanted to open my eyes again to it being a dream. I wanted to be normal, but how could I? With the mother I have, nothing was ever meant to be for me. Lovers lost, truths hidden, secrets high in numbers.

"Baby, please. I love you. I love you so much." He begged.

I stood up, he moved with me, I kissed him deeply and before he could open his eyes again; I had turned and started walking to my car.

I just started driving. I found myself on the backroad to the mansion. I pulled the car over and started crying uncontrollably. The sobs weren't the just tears ones you see in movies, kinda thing. No, this shit was real. It was ugly sobbing. Makeup smearing, nose running, hair knotting, ugly sobbing. There was nothing romantic about it. Not even the feeling. It was bitter emptiness. It was like getting a puppy, just so it could run away.

It was giving and giving and giving all of yourself to one person and not being able to give anymore. It was the feeling of being used. Like chipping the paint off a wall, little by little.

My head started throbbing. My sobs had calmed and I was leaning back in my seat. Tear stained cheeks, smeared with makeup.

My life started out a full room, and now I can hear the echo, from the cold empty drafty room. I wanted to cry in that room, in a dark corner, with my knees tucked close to my chest. I wanted to evaporate from the world.

Everything I had been fighting for had been fighting against me, behind my back. I felt so used. I thought I actually meant something to them. I've been abandoned before, but this time hit harder than ever.

I looked around and saw that I had been sitting there longer than I thought. The sun had just gone down and I knew I should leave. I took a deep breath and pulled my car onto the road.

I heard a loud horn and looked to see. I saw a bright light, hearing a loud crash sound and then everything going black. A loud ringing in my ears and total numbness.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I love you all. I know I follow quite a bit of you. Some of you write MGK Fanfics yourself. I am so sorry if you want me to read them and I don't. I have a certain view point on his character and when I read other stories it fucks up this character. But I will try. Please correct any errors and PLEASE send your ideas. I love hearing what y'all think.