Chapter 3

He sat there, looking at me and I was just staring back. He looked mouth-watering. “You’re the girl from the gym.” He smiled. “Yeah.” I managed to say. My voice couldn’t have sound any weaker. “Suna, Austin, Austin, Suna.” Alex introduced us to each other. Austin. He stood up and stretched out his hand. “Hi, nice seeing you again.” He grinned. I was still taken away by his perfect appearance. I shook his hand and smiled back. “Yeah, I’m just happy I didn’t trip this time.” He laughed. Oh God, what a perfect laugh. “So I heard you’re quite a talent at biology?” “And I heard you’re quite a rock star?” He smiled. “Quite. But since I really suck at biology I hoped you could help me with it some time?” “Maybe.” I teased. My gaze wandered to his lips again. I couldn’t stop imagining what it’d be like to kiss him. I just wanted to run my fingers through his hair, grabbing it, pulling him close and kiss him. Get your shit together, jeez.

As time passed, I tried to stay as far away from his as possible. I couldn’t stand being near him since I couldn’t get over my thoughts. I often caught myself staring at him but I guess he didn’t notice. At 10 Daniel and I decided to head back home considering we had school tomorrow. Alex and Daniel went down the stairs and I walked behind them. Suddenly Austin grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into Alex’s room. “We should go out some time.” He said. I laughed “And we should do that because?” “Because I want to.” He replied. He smiled at him but turned around, wanting to leave the room. This time, Austin grabbed my shoulder and pinned me to the wall, pressing his hands to the wall on either side of my head. I looked up at him. “And because you want, too.” He said. “Austin, I don’t even know you.” Lame excuse. “So? We’ll get to know each other. Go out with me.” He said smiling. I wanted to say yes but… “No.” I shook my head, smiling. I ducked under his arms and left the room.

Daniel was waiting for me at the front door, talking to Alex. I walked down the stairs when Austin was behind me again. “Then at least give me your phone number.” He whispered into my ear. I laughed. “Jeez, okay.” Grinning, Austin handed me his cell phone. When I gave him his phone back he said “I’m gonna call you.” “Do whatever makes you happy.” I said and left.

On the way home my phone rang. “Hello?” “Hello there beautiful, just making sure you didn’t give me a wrong number.” It was Austin. “Do I know you?” I disguised my voice. “It’s Austin.” He said. “Austin? You ass! You got me pregnant and I had to quit my job as a prostitute because of it! I started drugs and went to jail right after you asshole left me!” Daniel bit his lip so he didn’t burst into laughter. “Who’s there?” Austin asked. “Ashley? Ashley Brooks?” “I don’t even know you. Sorry I uhm misdialed.” He hang up. Daniel and I started laughing. “That poor boy.” He said. “Oh shut up.” I laughed as I called Austin. He answered it. “Gotcha!” I said, laughing. “Ha ha. Very funny.” He said sarcastically. I stepped out of the car. “Yeah, I had my fun over here. Listen, I just arrived at home, I’ll message you later.” I hung up.

I took a shower and started doing my homework as my phone buzzed.

Still wanna go out with you tho(:

You have to try harder than that ;)

Is this a challenge?

Ohhh yes, I thought to myself.

If you make it one ;) lol no, what’s the rock star doing?

Doing what rock stars do best ;) wbu?

Trying to do my homework and you’re distracting me!

You’re distracting me from breathing then!

Oh God

Oh shut up. I really have to do my homework now. Good night, rock star.

I put my phone on silent and started to do my homework just as Daniel came in. “So, Austin…”, he started. “Is he a thing? Are you and him a thing?” he asked, grinning. He looked at him. “You knew it! You knew it was him when I told you about him yesterday!” “Of course I did, baby girl.” “But we’re not going to happen.” I said, turning back to my homework. “Why?” I could tell he was disappointed. “Well, he’s kind of famous and there’re gonna be paps and shit.” I said. He knew my concern was not about paparazzi taking pictures of us or jealous fans. “Suna, don’t you worry about that.” He said. “But I do! As much as I’m attracted to Austin, we just can’t go out or date.” I said. Daniel hugged me from behind. I fought against the tears. “You wanna go out clubbing with me tomorrow then?” he asked. I laughed.