Chapter 4

I didn’t sleep well that night. I woke up at 3 AM due to nightmares. I didn’t want to be alone so I just went to Daniel’s room, sat on his bed and leaned my back against the wall. “You okay?” he asked. “Yep.” I said. I fell asleep sitting.

As I woke the sun shined and I smelled coffee. My back ached. Stupid wall. I went to the kitchen to find Daniel trying to make pancakes again. “Just give it up, Daniel.” I said. He looked up at me. “You’re going to eat them today.” I rolled my eyes. I sat at the breakfast bar and waited till Daniel finished the pancakes. At least they weren’t almost black this time. “If I get cancer, I’ll blame it on you.” I said, taking the first bite. They weren’t that bad after all.

“I need a school break.” Alex said as he sat next to me at the lunch table. “But school has just started like five days ago?” I laughed. “I know and it’s already stressing me out.” “I feel you.” Daniel agreed. “We’re going clubbing tonight, wanna come with us?” I asked. “Hell yeah.” “See you at 8!” Daniel said, finishing his meal.

After school I took a shower and got ready for the night. I haven’t been out for a quite long time now, which was actually pretty unusual since Daniel loved going out, partying and all that stuff. As I combed my hair I remembered my phone has been on silent all day. I unlocked it. I had two missed calls from Austin and three text messages. Damn, why can’t that boy just leave it.

message 1: Hope you’ll dream about me ;)

2: Good morning, have a nice day at school

And 3: Did you die? Message me back when you get these.

I decided to respond.

Before you call 911, no I did not die. And I did have a good day at school, thank you!

Just some seconds later my phone buzzed.

Glad you did not ;) any plans for tonight?

Going out with friends, you?

So you’re going out with friends but not with me?:( Where you going?

Just as I wanted to text back, Daniel called my name. I put my phone into my pocket and grabbed my jacket. We headed to some famous club. The line was quite long but since I was with Daniel we came in without lining up. “Dance or drink first?” he yelled at me so I could hear him over the loud music. “Drink.” I responded. I didn’t know why but I suddenly had the need for some alcohol. Daniel got us some drinks and as I took the first sip I could feel the alcohol running down my throat, the sudden warmth felt so good I just downed the rest. “Woah, baby girl slow down.” Daniel laughed. “Wanna go dance now?” I grinned. As we headed for the dance floor I spotted him. Mr. Perfect. I turned to Daniel to find him grinning at me. “Did you know he was coming?” I asked. “Well, Alex told me he wanted to come as well.” He replied. “And you couldn’t even tell me?!” I yelled. “He just messaged me some minutes ago!” Daniel held up his hands in defence. I grabbed his hand and pulled him right in the crowd, hoping they wouldn’t find us here. Considering I’ve drunk some alcohol I really didn’t want to be near Austin.

 Even though I didn’t like people, I loved dancing, it was one of my passions. After only a couple of minutes Daniel was dancing with some cute guy. Suddenly someone wrapped his arms around me. Before I could turn around, the person pressed me closer to his body. “You didn’t answer my text message.” He hissed into my ear. I turned my head and looked into Austin’s face. “Yet you still found me.” I replied. He loosened his grip and I started dancing. His hands slid to my hips. I bit my lower lip. We danced like this for quite a while. “Do you want a drink?” he asked and I nodded. “Stay right here.” He said and his hands left me. I looked for Daniel, when I found him I grabbed his arm and pulled him over. “Just one minute.” I yelled at the cute guy he was dancing with. “What’s it baby girl?” he asked. “Daniel help me.” He grinned at me. “Have fun baby girl.” He turned around. “Fuck you!” Best friends. Whenever you need them, they just turn their back on you, literally. Austin put his arm over my shoulder from behind, holding a drink in front of my face. I took it and drank half of it in one gulp. One of Austin’s hands was on my waist again, sliding across my belly, holding me tightly. His lips were close to my ear “You sure you don’t wanna go out with me?” He asked. His breath on my ear and his touch made me hot. I turned around, wrapping my arms around his neck. I got on my tiptoes and whispered loudly (so he could hear me over the music) to his ear “We’d make a hot couple, though.” “That’s what I’m saying.” He replied, his hands wandering down my back, pulling me closer. My lips slid over his neck and I could feel him hardening. “Maybe we should go home and discuss.” I laughed and nodded.