Chapter 11

I don't know for how long we lay on the couch. Me on Austin's lap, having my arms wrapped around his neck and my head on his chest. He was playing with my hair. We sat there in silence, I wanted to say something but as for right now I didn't know what. "What are you thinking about?" I asked, lifting my head. Austin looked at me, "You." he smiled. Oh that perfect smile. "What about me?" "Everything." I rolled my eyes at him and stood up and picked up my clothes from the floor. "I want you to meet someone." Austin said. I frowned, "Who?" "You'll see, I'm just gonna get some clothes." He said, standing up and walking upstairs. I got dressed and walked into the kitchen, pouring in a glass of water. Who the fuck does he want me to meet? Just don't tell me his parents because I always get awkward around new people, especially parents of people I like. Just a few minutes later Austin came down the stairs. "Suna?" I walked out of the kitchen, "Here." I grinned. He was wearing some dark jeans and a black v-neck shirt. He grabbed my hand and we left the house. 

"Where are we going?" I asked as we were sitting in the car. Austin was biting his thumb again. He glanced at me and forced the corners of his mouths into a quick smile. Okay, no reply then, I thought. I kept quiet for the rest of the drive. He parked his car and I stepped out, looking around. I spotted a huge gate with something written on it. "Cemetery," I whispered. "What are we doing at a cemetery?" I asked, furrowing my brow in confusion.

Austin walked through the gate not saying anything. He had his hands in his pockets. I followed him. It was getting dark already and I walked faster to be closer to Austin. I was still confused. Why were we at a cemetery? "Austin, can you just te-" And then I almost bumped into Austin's back because stopped in front of a grave. I looked at it. And read. And my heart stopped beating for a minute, the blood in my veins froze. Suddenly I was feeling sick, I was in such a shock. 'Carter Mahone' it read 'A beloved father and husband'. I held my hand in front of my mouth, my eyes filled with tears. I couldn't think straight. "I thought since you shared your past with me it was only fair to show you a part of my past too." Austin said. His voice was weak, he sounded so vulnerable. I could tell he was about to cry. I turned to him and quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him. I couldn't think of anything else to do. I didn't know that to do, I didn't know what to say. Austin wrapped his arms around me, starting to sob, fighting against his tears. I caressed the back of his head and the first tear ran down my cheek. Just as Austin started crying as well, tightening his grip around me. 

We stood there like that for a long time. But right in that moment I realized I've helplessly fallen for him.