Chapter Seven

Taylor's POV

**************

Im running home from school. Running away from Samantha and her gang. I see home in the distance, I'm getting closer and closer by the second. I finally open the door to my house listening to the peacefulness, before there was screaming filling my ears.

"Stop! Stop! Please!" It sounds familiar and it's coming from upstairs. From in my mom's room.

"Why should I?! I know you are cheating on me with him! Just admit it! You're a filthy liar!" Another familiar voice fills my ears. I quietly run into my mom's room only to see her lying on the ground being beaten by someone.

"I'm not cheating I swear! We just met yesterday. Please, just stop." I see a tear slip out of her left eye after another hard blow to the stomach.

"You don't deserve my sympathy! You are worthless! If I can't have you then no one can! Stay here and don't move or else!" I see the man go into the bathroom to grab something. A knife, and he's heading over to my mom. He's going to kill her! I have to do something!

"Stop! whoever you are just stop! Don't hurt my mother!" I yelled at the the top of my lungs. The man turned around. I can't believe it.

"D-dad?" my voice squeaked

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." Dad said walking towards me slowly

"Why did you do that to mom?!" I tried to sound as strong and confident as I could, but it didn't work out so well

"She deserves it and whats coming next. Since you have seen whats happened, you have to suffer the same punishment as well." He grabbed me and threw me against the wall with all of his might. I screamed at the impact. He started punching me, stinging every time his hard hands made an impact with my delicate skin. He took out his knife and came inching toward us, getting closer by every second. He was face to face with me. This is it, time to say..

"Goodbye." My father said while before he lunged at me. I swiftly moved to the side, Hitting my head on the table and getting knocked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My head jolted of my pillow while I started panting heavily, recalling the dream of why father was sent to jail. He tried to murder me and my mother, but was stopped by a neighbor who heard my screams. I was so grateful of my neighbor, if he hadn't have heard me I wouldn't be alive right now. Neither would mother. I still don't understand why father hand been like that. One day he was extremely happy and then the next he tries to kill me and my mom. Was he drunk? Mental? I never figured it out, he was sent to jail for 5-15 years. This only happened 2 years ago, which means I can live my life normally until he is released. I hoped that he was sent for life, but it was only attempted murder, if It was actual murder he would be sent for life. Oh well, at least we are safe.... for now.

I glance at the clock

5:50 A.m.

I guess I better get ready for school. I hop into the shower, but not before looking at all the mistakes I have made in the past year. 4 months clean, 4 months of keeping that dreaded blade out of my hands and away from my arms. I remember when I started doing it, like everyone says, its like a stress reliever. I guess after what happened with my dad I didn't have any more options to be calm, and it worked. But I am strong now, I bottle up all of the stress and use it when I'm working out. I go to the gym and work on the punching bags now, hitting all the stress away.

I hop out of the shower and put on some dark skinny jeans, I black t-shirt and a grey hoodie that says "If you see Da' Police, Warn A Brotha". I walk downstairs and see my mom passed out on the couch. She has been like this for a few days, I bet its just work though. Mom says work is pretty stressful most of the time, but that doesn't stop her. I grab a muffin and my skateboard and head out the door.