Chapter Eight

Taylor's POV

**************

Louis is smirking at me and by the look in his eyes, I can tell he is about to do something bad. I turned around to go and get some sunglasses but I decided against it. As I was turning around Louis grabbed me and threw me on his shoulder while running around in the water.

"Louis put me down!" I said while hitting his back.

"Keep hitting me and I wont." He said while laughing.

"Please Louis! I wont splash you I promise!" I was begging

"Fine" he huffed, "but here is my revenge!"

Before I could say anything, he threw me into the water. I got up and looked at the boys, their faces changed from enthusiastic to sad and confused.

"Taylor, what is that?" Zayn asks pointing to my arm.

"What is wha-oh crap!" I totally forgot about my makeup I had on to cover the scars. They saw them and now they are going to want an explanation that Im not ready to give.

"Well?" Zayn asks annoyed, angry and almost sympathetic at the same time.

"I-I-I" I couldn't say anything but my mind thought only one word. Run. so I did, I ran to the shore, grabbed all of my stuff and ran as fast and as far as my legs could take me. I could hear their faint screams calling behind me as I ran. I finally reached a public bathroom and changed back into my regular clothes before running to the only place I go when I'm sad, bored, or just wanted to sing and draw. I went to the park.

Finally seeing the park in the distance, I ran faster. I run up to the monkey bars and hang upside down from them, letting the blood flow to my head. I close my eyes for about 30 seconds and when I open them there is someone standing in front of me. I lose my balance and my legs slip and I fall on my back. I look up at the person and see it is Louis, relief flashes over me knowing that it is just him instead of some creepy dude.

"God Louis you could've made me hit my head." I say

"Sorry, I just got worried about you." He said

"How did you know where I was going?" I ask surprised that Louis thought've this place to go to first.

"I remembered that this is where we became best friends forever and we had a lot of fun here, so I just came here." He said smiling. I got back on the monkey bars like I was before.

"Are the boys still looking for me or is it only you?" I don't think they are looking for me. They probably think I'm some kind of freak who cuts, but I quit.

"Yeah, they were pretty mad at first but now they are worried."

"Oh okay, so do you wanna hang upside Down for a bit?"

"Sure, but I have one question" he asks

"Yeah?"

"Why?" Louis asks, I can see a hint of hurt in his eyes.

"I'm not ready to tell you why I have those scars, but all you need to know is that I haven't done that in a long time." I say emphasizing the word 'long'. He nods understandingly.

Louis and I decide that it's time to go home so we walk to my house. He says goodnight and starts to leave, but not before he wraps me in a tight hug.

"Promise me that if you need someone to talk to you or help you out, you will call me. okay?" he whispers in my ear

"I promise." I say back, we exchange numbers and he leaves.

I smile while walking into my room. Someone actually cares about me, and Louis took the fact that I cut very well. I just wonder how the others are taking it. I sent a goodnight text to Louis.

To: The Carrot King!

Goodnight Louis and thanks for being there with me tonight. I really appreciate it! Tell me how the boys are handling it later, I'm really tired.x

Almost instantly get a reply back

From: The Carrot King!

Goodnight Taylor and it's no problem, just looking out for my best buddy! The boys are okay now but they want to talk to you tomorrow. I'm tired too!x

And with that I put my mind to rest and slipped into a world of peaceful dreams. Or Nightmares.

***********************************

Heyyyyy muffin buddies! I decided to post this early because my friend Maddie was practically screaming at me to do it, but I still love her like a sista! So anyways... I know it wasn't that good but I am super tired and have some writers block. I will try and post another chapter either this week or next week! Luv all my readers!

~Taytay! ❤️😊