/Vern/

Our laughter echoed around us as we sat on the porch. When with Vern the stars seemed brighter and it was like there were so many more in the sky. It could go on forever.
I look into his eyes. They were like crystals that glistened. I felt something for him. 'Damnit' I think.
I shake that thought away. Ace would never allow it...EVER.
I frown and look away attempting to collect my thoughts.
"Y-you ok Y/N" He asks and places a hand on my shoulder. His warmth made me shudder against the cold night air.
"I'm fine." I reply coming out a little harsher than intended. He quickly retreats his hand and fold his arms.
We sat like that for a while. The wind started to blow a bit more causing me curl up.
"Look, I'm sorry it's just that uhhh well-" I stop talking and try to collect my thoughts but before I could speak again he begins to talk.
"Y/N...your really sweet...I mean...nice...and funny... I just really....I think I lik-"
I couldn't help it. I couldn't wait any longer. I pressed my lips to his while he was in mid-sentence.
I herd a noise behind us.
"God damnit Y/N! Not this little shit again!" I glance to see Ace rushing toward us.
Vern hops off the porch and makes a run for it. Ace is now fully running after him.
"ACE!...you gotta be fuckin' kidding me!" I rush off the porch almost falling on the last step.
My calves were burning by the time I pushed Ace out of the way and caught up to Vern.
I took his hand and pulled him side ways down a lit street. Glancing behind me I see Ace has slowed down. He was of course shaking his head and cursing profanities. We slow down on the side of the street underneath a lamppost stopping to catch our breaths.
I couldn't help but look up and smile at him.
"What time is it?" I ask raising an eyebrow.
"Last I checked it was only seven....why?" he shrugs.
I just smile and grab his hand. We walk down the lamppost lit sidewalk.
We were walking to the treehouse since I knew Teddy would be there since that's were he would go to get away from the pressure of his mother. Most likely Gordie too to escape the ridicule of his father.
His body heat made a contrast from the painfully cold night. It's the best feeling ever though.

YeahheheheHE! That ending wasn't that great but I tried! I think I also had forgotten something I was gonna put in but I HAD TO sing the whole song of "If I Were A Boy" by Bey (Beyoncé).
Anyways! Hope you liked it! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR READING,SINCERELY! (Hehe)
Peace!-Kace