Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

Empty. Lonely. Disoriented. Those adjectives have described me for the last three months of me being home. Peeta still has not returned from the Capitol. Greasy Sae comes by twice a day to make me breakfast and dinner. She thinks I make my own lunch but I don't. I haven't showered in I can't tell you how long and I've been sitting in the same position on the same couch for days. My life has been hell these past few months and I can't seem to get it back together. All of a sudden I hear a knocking at my door. I don't get up to get it, because honestly, I don't really care. After about two minuets of me not answering, Haymitch barges in, surprisingly sober.

"What do you want?" I ask him. My voice is so dry and weak. I haven't spoken in what feels like centuries.

"I wanted to tell you to check your mail." He says. What? My mail? Why does he care if I check my mail?

"Why?" I ask

"Because," he says, "Peeta has been writing letters to you and you haven't responded to any of them. He wrote me and he was worried that something happened to you. Apparently writing is part of his therapy and he must have written a lot." This shocks me. I can't believe I didn't know Peeta was writing to me. Then I realize it. Everyday Greasy Sae brings in my mail and she always places and envelope or two on the coffee table in front of me. Of course I never bother to even glance at them. I pick up the stack in front of me to find dozens of letters with my address on them in neatly printed handwriting. "There ya go sweetheart. Read those and write back. He at least deserves for you to read them." Haymitch says and then walks out. I organize them by date. I wanted to read them in order. After that, I open the first one and try to prepare myself for whats inside.

Dear Katniss,
For my part of my therapy, the doctors suggested that I write. It actually helps a lot. So how have you been? I can't wait to get out of here and see you and district 12 again. Hopefully if all goes well, I can leave in a couple of months. To me that's still too long. I hope you write me back, I would love to hear how you've been and what's going on in 12.
Hope to see you soon,
Xoxo Peeta

This letter almost brings me to tears. I can still see old Peeta trying to fight his way back to me. He's trying his best for himself and me and that makes me upset. I wish I wouldn't have been so selfish and just read the letters. He's probably so worried about me. I'm slowly starting to get drowsy so I decide to read the rest tomorrow and I prepare my self for the nightmares I know will be haunting me tonight.

Hello! I'm super excited to be doing this new fanfic! If any of you read my last story I stopped it because I had an idea for this. This story won't be too long only a few chapters so if you have any ideas for a new fanfic after this one, let me now! I want to start one ASAP!
-Mel ;)