Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After the whole episode with Gale, I'm so emotionally drained I don't feel like reading a letter. I then look down at the pile and see that there is only one left. Well I guess I better read it. I pick it up, hoping for good news.

Dear Katniss,

Good news! This is my last letter because I will be leaving for home tomorrow! I finally got cleared by all my doctors. As long as I take my pills and 'take it easy' I'm aloud to be back! I really am excited to be back and to see you. I hope you want to see me too. I really hope you got all these. The train ride should take about two days, so I'll hopefully see you soon.

Love Peeta

Oh. My. God. This letter was written yesterday. That means Peeta will be coming home tomorrow! I can't even believe this right now! This is awesome. I rush over to Haymitch's to deliver the news.

"Haymitch!" I shout while pounding on his front door.

"It's open!" He calls back.

I walk in and find his house surprisingly clean. What happened in here? He's sitting on his couch watching tv and he's shockingly sober.

"Why is your house so clean?" I ask him.

"I decided it was time to change. You got a problem with it sweetheart?" He replies.

"No, I was just wondering." I say. "Well I have some news, Peeta is coming home tomorrow!" I practically shout. I don't even try to control my excitement.

"Well, you decided to read the letters." He says to me.

"Yeah, and I wanted to thank you for that. I didn't even know that he was writing to me. And now I found out the best news I've heard in I feel like years. So thank you." I say.

"Anytime sweetheart." he says.

I say my goodbyes and walk back home to clean it up a bit and I can't wipe away the smile that forms on my face when I think of Peeta being home. Tomorrow will by far be one of the best days if my life.