5: Big Brother

Katherine Wilson

I entered into work today anxious and nervous. After Cameron’s email yesterday, I didn’t know what to think or expect. As I passed by the reception’s desk, I noticed Matt wasn’t at his desk this morning, instead it was Rachel.

“Good morning,” I said hesitantly “Where’s Matt?”

“He’s been moved to a different project. The message just came in this morning, but don’t worry. I have read over all the files and details and Matt has got me up to speed.” Rachel reassured me.

Rachel started working here just over a year now. She was a temp before she got hired as an assistant for a few secretaries… I had no problem with her… except she wasn’t Matt.

One name popped into my head: Cameron Richards! The nerves on that man to change my secretary.

I placed a smile on my face despite my inner feelings. “Great. Have my message on my desk by noon, please. Lunch at one, it’s on me”

I couldn’t do anything right now. All I could do was focus on my work and make the best out of this situation.

“Okay,” Rachel said staring at me bright eyed as if she wasn’t sure she caught everything “Okay. Mr. Richards needs to see you in his office” She suddenly remembers.

I nodded my head and entered into my office. What did this man want now?

I hung my jacket, placed my bag in my chair, and headed to the top floor.

“Come in”

I entered into Oleander’s office but got caught off guard because it wasn’t who I was expecting. He looked really similar to Cameron in facial features and height but he appeared older. He smiled at me as I walked over to the desk and sat down in the chair opposite him.

“Mrs. Wilson?” He asked

“Ms. Wilson” I corrected nervously. I had no idea why I was here. Hell, I was expecting to see someone else.

He stood to his feet and walked around the table, taking a seat on the edge. “Let me introduce myself. Lance Richards, nice to finally meet you.” He said as he outstretched his hand to me.

I took it out of respect and shook it “Katherine Wilson”

“Ms. Wilson I know who you are.”

“You do?” I asked out of shock. I have never met this man before.

“Yes. You are the beautiful women that occupied my brother’s mind for weeks after just one night.”

My skin heated and my body tensed up. He told his brother about what happened in the elevator…? Well I guess I couldn’t be angry because if Lauren was here I would have told her too. Not knowing how to respond, I nodded my head.

“How would you like to have dinner with me tonight?” He asked as he leaned forward.

“Umm… excuse me…?”

“Dinner. Tonight. With me.” He emphasized with a smile.

I stared up at him blankly until the office door opened. I turned my head towards the door, grateful someone would rescue me. I didn’t have anything against this man but I didn’t even know him enough to want to have dinner with him.

Cameron stood at the doorway, his hands in his pocket and his eyes trained on us. “I see you’ve met my brother.”

“Actually, I was just asking her out.” Lance smirked