6: All or Nothing

I ran to the elevator as it opened. A rush of people in suits and dresses exited as I manoeuvred around them.

"Sara" I smiled as I found my sister. Well half-sister as of recently.

"Why are there so many people coming to your floor?" She asked as she hugged me.

"Lord knows what have been happening to this building as of late. I lost my secretary; new owners are popping up..." I trailed off as I noticed Lance heading towards us with a big smile on his face. I groaned in annoyance and rolled my eyes. "Speaking of which..."

"Ms. Wilson, who's your beautiful friend?"

"Sara" Sara smiled innocently. He took her hand in his and kissed it. Sara looked over at me and I shook my head at her vigorously as a warning.

"So why are there so many people in Cameron's office today?" I asked, trying to get him off my sister.

"Oh, I'm surprised you have to ask. Seems Cameron hasn't been telling you everything" he smiled widely as if satisfied. "We're having a little intimate get together tomorrow on the waters. Investors from all over will be joining my brother and I, where we will talk business."

A yacht party, why am I not surprised?

"Since you were not invited," he smiled, clearly enjoying himself "I would love for Sara to be my date. This way you can be her plus one." He finished.

I rolled my eyes, took Sara's hand, and pulled her to my office.

"He seems like a nice guy. We're going tomorrow right?"

I laughed without humour. "Over my dead body."

"Well there's a window, feel free to use it as an exit because I need to escape my life."

We sat down on the couch and I poured her a glass of wine.

"Why, what's going on?"

"My best friend is married and is now a mother, and my boyfriend of six years... well, we are no longer together." She announced as she took a large gulp of the wine

"You and Jason are no longer together? How the hell did that happen?" I asked in disbelieve.

"I don't want to talk about this now. We're going to that party Katherine! We are going."

"What about Tyson?"

"Doesn't Preston have him for the weekends?"

I snorted as I took a sip of my wine. "Not anymore"

"Well ask him to take Tyson for this weekend or for at least tomorrow. Katherine, please" she begged.

I had no idea what she was going through with this break up and I couldn't even imagine. She was crazy about Jason and I couldn't blame her, he was a great guy. I could have sworn they would be married already. I haven't seen her for awhile so I guess this outing could be good for both of us.

"Fine, but you should stay away from Lance. He's nothing but trouble."

"That's kind of what I'm looking for right now" she winked.

-----

The yacht was huge and silver. We followed the line of people who walked slowly towards the entrance. Two men, one of either side of the steps, greeted us with glasses of Champaign.

"We will be heading into sea in twenty minutes" the captain announced over the speakers.

"You made it" Lance smiled as he spotted us. He was in an expensive suit and tie. Sara wore a tight red dress that was both sexy and elegant. I wore the basic black dress but with bright red heels and accessories. "You ladies look beautiful. I have to entertain a few people," he stressed out his elbow for Sara and she took it "Katherine, meet a few people and talk about our company. Make us look good" He instructed.