Chapter Nine A Tearful Goodbye

Michael sat there and cried and all these wonderful memories of his first love of him and Shae as children in Gary. This whole time she never stopped loving him. He had never forgot her and always loved her but when she stopped writing Michael believed she had moved on with her life and was happy too. He was happy for her but in his heart he never forgot his first love.

Michael; I don’t give a shit Frank! I have to go to Gary and I’m going!!

Frank; What the fuck for?? There is nothing for you in Gary!  Why do you think for Joseph pushed you all so hard to get you out of there!! If you said you and your brothers would be one of 4 things, Working in that damn steel mill, in jail, dead or on drugs and homeless.

Michael; What the hell do you know. I’m going home and you can either come with and support me or get the fuck out of my way! Michael storms out of the room and heads to finish packing a suitcase.

Elizabeth: Michael what is it? You look all frazzled and I saw Frank storm out like his chubby little chimney ass was on fire. God that man gives me the creeps and I don’t trust his thieving ass!

Michael; He’s alright just a pain in my ass sometimes is all Michael kisses her cheek. I’m going to Gary. Shae needs me and I pray I’m not too late.

Elizabeth: Shae? Shae? Oh!! Shae Bryant! The girl you told me was your first love and you have always loved her!! What happened??

Michael; Yes her. Tears flowing as Michael finish his packing. She’s dying Liz and I just saw her letter today. It was in one of the mail bags and I don’t know how long that bag has been there. God please don’t let it be too late. Michael hugs Liz tight and runs out the door

Elizabeth: Call me if you need me Michael!!

Michael calls back over his shoulder… “I will” and with that he’s in his SUV and gone.

GARY INDIANA……

As soon as the plane touched down there Michael had butterflies. He was nervous about being in Gary it had been so long, He didn’t even come here when Ryan died. Michael believed there was no reason to. Now, here he was in Gary Indiana and he was a mess emotionally.. On the way there, Michael remembered as children he and Shae in school how the kids teased Michael for his shyness which made it worse and Shae was willing to take on any and all who wanted to hurt him.

Shae; Michael don’t let those stupid kids bother you. One day you will be famous and the world will love you and so will they. They will be crawling begging for your forgiveness. Giggling and hugging him.

Michael; wiping his tears, No they won’t. I won’t ever be famous. I’m too shy. Looking down.

Shae; kissing his cheek. You will, I know you will. Want to know why?

Michael; nods, Yeah why?

Shae; Because you are a beautiful soul, with a big heart and you can sing better than anyone I have ever heard. You work hard, you are loyal and you are my friend and I believe in you. I love you Michael.

Michael; smiling shyly. Really? I love you too Shae. You are my best friend. The best I ever had.

Now, here Michael was in the back of a limousine on his way to Gary General Hospital of Spring street. His one thought was dear good. Please don’t let it be too late. If anything, let him be able to say good bye and tell her once more that he loves her and always loved her.

At the hospital Michael was escorted directly to Shae Bryant’s room. She was in the Onocology wing of the hospital in hospice. The nurse had told Michael that it was only a matter of time now. Shae should have already been gone.