Chapter 26 : Stuck in a Hospital

Baekhyun's POV

I reached the hospital and quickly brought her to the emergency room. I really didn't know what's happening and I felt like my life was about to end. Not forget to mention that tears couldn't stop rolling down my face.

The nurses ran to put her on the bed and immediately brought her inside. After the door was closed, I collapsed on the floor. I stared blankly at the door.

She's inside. She's in danger.

I buried my face on my knees as I waited for the doctor to come out. After about 2 hours, the doctor came out of the room and stopped his track the moment he saw me.

"Excuse me, are you related to the patient inside?" he asked.

"I'm.. I'm her.. husband," I lied.

The doctor looked at me weirdly, "I thought you're her brother."

"N--no, I'm her husband," I lied again.

"Anyway, I need to talk to you about her health condition. Please follow me," he said as he motioned me to come with him.

As soon as we arrived at his room, he told me to take a seat as he also sat. You wouldn't want to know how fast my heart was beating, not because of the doctor of course, but because of the things that he was about to say about Y/N.

"So, may I know your name, sir?" he asked.

"Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun," I answered and widened my eyes because I accidentally told him my real name.

He nodded as he started, "First of all, don't be panic because everything will be fine and we will try hard to solve the situation."

He doesn't know me!? THEN GOOD!!

I nodded and looked at him impatiently as negative thoughts started popping in my mind.

"Your wife has a tumor in her lungs. It may slowly lead to lung cancer, but we will try our best to cure the tumor so she won't be suffering from lung cancer," he explained as I widened my eyes.

"So..so how long until she get lung cancer?" I asked.

"We are still not sure about that, but I can tell that for now she's okay. However she still needs to be in the hospital for a few days," he said.

"But may I know? How long has she been coughing out blood? Or maybe when she felt pain on her chest?" he asked.

"I don't know, she never told me about that," I replied.

"Thankfully you found out about this, if not, her condition might get worsen," he said.

Suddenly, a thought came into my mind.

"I haven't talk to you for days and I don't mind about it. But I got something really important to say."

Does she know about this already? But something important to say? So yesterday, she might wanted to talk about her disease.

I hate myself now, if only I listened to her yesterday and didn't act like a cold jerk, she won't be unconscious now. She won't be staying in the hospital now.

End of POV

You opened your eyes as you flinched because of the bright light. You looked around and you realized that you were in a hospital room. You tried to sit up but ended up groaning because you felt pain all over your chest.

"Baekhyun brought me here?" you wondered.

You decided to call the nurse so you pressed on the remote button. A few minutes later, the nurse came, "May I help you with something, agashi?"