Chapter 1: The First Step On The Road

It all started before he met all might. Izuku had lost his faith in being a hero. He had started being more welcome to drugs. He had never gone so far as to take AQs though. He didn't believe in changing yourself just to have power for a few hours. For those who are painfully unaware of the Japanese black markets and their wares, AQs were Artificial Quirks. They called, by most, AQ's, Curiosity, and other names. He believed he would gain power through his hard work, not a syringe. But he had done other drugs. Adderall, mostly, but he did occasionally do other stuff, like marijuana. But never too much though, just enough calm down and get him off his nerves, never to get addicted.

But then he met All Might. He believed he would say something that would prove him right, that he could do anything. And a small part of him hoped that he would say something to get him off the drugs.

That didn't happen.

All Might, though inadvertently, had crushed his dreams.

"There's other ways to be a hero."

Everyone he had known had crushed him. The doctor that shattered his hope

"It's not gonna happen."

The mother who could've pieced it together.

"I'm so sorry."

The boy who tore down his determination, brick by brick.

"Quirkless nerd!"

And the hero who dealt the final blow.

"There are other ways to be a hero."

He didn't want to be a cop, he wanted to be a Hero.

*One day sometime after He met All Might*

He was tossed to the ground and his head hit a rock. Immediatley,everything went funny. his vision was blurry, things that are still were moving, colours popped out more, like somebody blasted up the contrast on a photo. His ears were ringing and he saw Kacchan and his lackeys walking away, saying something but everything was just... fuzzy. He felt a warm liquid drip down his head. He touched and saw a blood red on his finger tips. "Shit..." he mumbled trying to get up, he had fallen though.

"Oh my goodness, are you okay?" He heard from where Kacchan had left. The voice was nice and soothing, like a mother shushing a crying baby. He tried again to get up but he was dazed and almost knocked out completely. He got to his feet barely before falling over again. This time someone caught him they turned him over and the two looked into each other's eyes. To him, she was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen. To her, he was the most adorable yet handsome man she'd seen. All he saw was her face and then he passed out.

*A few hours later*

Izuku's eyes fluttered open his eyes. He was looking straight up at the sky. His head felt better and everything didn't hurt to look at. He sat up groaning, catching the attention of the girl bit away with his back to him. She seemed to be putting stuff away. Her eyes were the same color as the sea, as well as being vast and less known than he wanted. She smiled a kind smile the kind he had rarely seen. It was beautiful. "Hey!" She said with a smile. She seemed excited to be able to talk to him.

"Hey..." Izuku said with a confused face, still too dazed to react normally.

"How did you get so hurt?" The unknown female asked. Her voice was serious and concerned. He looked down at his short sleeved shirt and saw the cuts on his arms had been bandaged up. He looked over at the box she was putting things back into. It was a small plastic white box with a handle of the same color on the front of the box was a large red plus with the words "First Aid Kit" on it. She, a total stranger, had helped him.

"There's this 'friend' of mine who does what most would call bullying to me." Izuku admitted to the girl. He looked down to the grass. "He uses his quirk, explosions, on me said bullying occurs." He continued. Why was he talking like that? Like an outsider to his own reality?

"Why don't you fight back?" She asked. Izuku sighed. "I don't have a quirk." He said. He laid backdown, staring at the sky. That is when he heard what he needed from all those that crushed him and he heard it from a stranger.

"So?" The girl had said. He sat back up at her with a confused look.

"What?" He said. Of all the responses he expected that wasn't one.

"Who says you need a quirk to beat someone who can make explosions out of their hands?" She asked walking over to Izuku. He snorted. He sounded just like him when he was younger. She held out her arm to pull him up. He smiled and grabbed it and pulled himself up.

"H-Hey... you're a-Um-An interesting person and-d so I thought that mayb-be we could hang out again sometime... hopefully with less injuries to my body." He said with a short, nervous laugh at his own joke. She smiled at his jokes for laughed a bit.

"Oh god, here you are being so damn adorable." She said as Izuku blushed madly. "Sure." She said, pulling a pen out of Izuku's bag. She had used his bag as a cushion for his head. She grabbed his arm wrote something on it. When she let go Izuku saw a series of numbers. A phone number. A girl's phone number.

"Hey, th-thanks." He said, blushing madly.

"No problem. Now, I gotta go. I have a busy day. See ya around." She said before running off. He smiled at her diminishing silhouette. 'That girl... He didn't have her name... Too late, I guess.' Izuku thought as he looked down at his arm. He smiled and put on a jacket from his bag. Partly because it was getting cold, partly to hid his patched up cuts and scratches. He got home, said hi to his mother and then went to his room. He sat down at his desk and put the number into his phone as "??? Girl" and texted her

Hey

Who dis?

It's the injured
boy from today.

Oh, great! My name
is Akemi Koibito.

Mine's Izuku Midoriya

Nice to meet you, Midoriya.
Btw, you are much less
adorably awkward
over text :(

Then how about
we meet in
person again?

I'd like that.

And with that, he had met the girl that would bring him down a road he never expected, that he never could have thought of...

The road he didn't know he wanted to go down.