Chapter 7: Opposites Attract

"Oh, I'm just a friend of a friend." Izuku said with a smile. The man with the white and red hair and burn over his eye stayed vigilant.

"Who? How come I haven't heard of..." He said before trailing off. He seemed thoughtful. "So... you're the guy who Katsuki kept hallucinating. But you're not a hallucination, aren't you?" He finished with a smile.

"Ah, you've heard of me! But you haven't heard the whole story." Izuku said with a dark tone.

"You mentally tortured Katsuki, no matter what he did, that doesn't excuse what you did." Said the man. Izuku seemed to grow angry as he said that.

"AN EYE FOR AN EYE!" Izuku snapped. This caused  the man to move slightly back in surprise. "That is the reason. He played with my body as if I was a fucking crash test dummy. He was my friend and then he just pushed me towards the edge. Every god damn day. Almost got me to kill myself a few times. Almost. But one day, I met this girl... she was, well, is beautiful and lovely and we eventually got together. She is the most lovely girl you could ever meet and she is a good person. She and I decided to get revenge on those who tried to destroy us, and anyone else. We knew we'd be labeled as villains but we didn't care. We're the real heroes." Izuku said. He pulled out a small card and held it out for the man. The man hesitated before taking it. He looked and saw that the card read only a phone number. "What's your name?" Izuku said. The man seemed interested but still cautious.

"Todoroki. Shouto Todoroki." The man said. Ah, a Todoroki. Like Endeavour.

"So, you're Endeavour's son. One of them right. Let me guess that red half of your hair. That's the fire side. You got the ice from your mother. You don't use it though. You were surrounded and there's no burn marks. What did Endeavour do to make you do such a thing?" Izuku asked. Shouto gritted his teeth.

"Anyone tell you you're a smartass?" He said. Izuku laughed.

"Multiple times." He said in response. Todoroki scoffed.

"I suppose you know why you're here?" Todoroki asked. Izuku smiled.

"To kill the one, the only..." He said, waving his hands as if presenting something outlandishly. He put his arms out. "ALL-MIGHT!" Todoroki's eyes narrowed.

"You can't do that, he's the symbol of peace. You can't kill him." Shouto said, doubtful that Izuku's group's plan will work. Izuku smiled. It was unsettling. His teeth were a perfect white. His face seemed innocent if you took just one thing away, but Shouto couldn't quite put his finger on it.

"Oh... Ye of little faith..." Izuku said, his voice going lower than usual. His eyes, devious. That's it. That's the thing that made Izuku unsettling. His eyes. Everything else about his face would make you calmer but his eyes made the rest of his features unsettling, like a teddy bear with human teeth. His eyes were full of pain and anger. It made his smile from innocent to devilish, his freckles from a cute cheek blemish to dots like blood splatter. It made his posture from innocently calm to an arrogant relaxation. You change one thing about a person and they turn into someone else entirely. Angels to Demons, People to monsters, Fathers to Abusers.

It's never the other way around.

"Your father was a bad person. He abused you just so you could learn how to fight, how to survive attacks that would kill you. He ruined you and your mother. He caused her to-" Izuku started before Shouto barked some words in. "How the fuck do you know so much about me?!" Were the words that Shouto shouted out. Izuku smiled.

"Because your father hurt people. Innocent people. All because he wanted to be the number one hero. He hurt you because he knew he couldn't surpass All Might but he thought you could. So he hurt you, and your mother, and all the innocent people in his way because of envy. He was envious that he wasn't in the limelight. He should pay for his actions. Don't you agree?" Izuku asked. Todoroki hesitated, he didn't know whether or not he should trust the Izuku.

"Yeah... but that's true for everyone, even you and me." He said, Matter-O-Factly. Izuku nodded in agreement.

"Of course. I will pay for my crimes, when my dream of true heroes being the only heroes there are is realized." Izuku stated. Todoroki l's curiosity was piqued.

"What's a true hero, to you? And what's your name?" He asked realizing he didn't hear his name.

"My name is Izuku Midoriya. To me a true hero, is one that is afraid of death but risks it to help others without question. A hero, a true hero, is aware that death is real but would give their life for a civilian. No matter how few, no matter the circumstances, they give their life. Every single time." Izuku said. Shouto couldn't help but agree with Izuku. That sounded like an actual hero, not like most of society's heroes.

"Midoriya, huh? Gonna have to look you up one day." Shouto Said. Izuku nodded.

"Yeah, but I have to go. Still gotta kill All-Might." Izuku stated before starting to walk off. But Shouto stopped him with just one question.

"Why kill All Might? Isn't he the true hero you aspire to have exist?" Todoroki asked. Izuku stopped and his hand turned to a fist. Rage was flowing through him.

"That bastard destroyed an innocent person. He gave the final blow to a fragile tower and now that tower will bring down the broken society we have today. The boy he helped destroy will be his downfall I swear it." Izuku said.

"But you can't kill him. He's too strong. That's not opinion, it's reality!" Todoroki said in response. Izuku laughed.

"If that's the case... I reject your reality... and substitute my own!" Izuku said. He then walked off, uninterrupted.