03 | The Little Mischief.

03// The little Mischief

◆●◆

The little angel stared at his mother as she dozed in the chair. Sonakshi's days were going very hectic due to work pressure. She has taken a maternity leave for 3 months before her delivery.

So, no leave for the next few months.

As a budding and aspirational doctor she was not able to allocate enough time for her little munchkin and was thoroughly engaged in hospital affairs. Though she has said a big 'no' for midnight and emergency duties she was not able to get rid of the extra hours headaches.

When his better half was busy being workaholic and completing all her pending works, Dev made it a point to compensate her absence to their son. He would come home by mid afternoon or earlier than his usual at times when he wasn't facing work pressure and at times when both of them were finding it difficult to return home until late night, His assistant Tina would bring him to the office and make him stay with Dev. He was a friendly baby and it made a lot easier for them to manage.

Some times, he would sit in the conference hall of his father's office listening to his presentations and cooed every now and then. Though not in a position to understand he would smile at all his father's client who would literally fall for his smile. Many times, his clients would approve the deal halfway through the presentation cleanly impressed with his son's antics and would present him with chocolates that Aarav would happily take and never share with anyone.

Little Aarav was becoming cuter and cuter as the months passed. He was the apple of everyone's eye and always enjoyed his family member's company. As a 6-month old baby Aarav was able to differentiate smell of his mother, father and others.

He would shut his eyes tight and pretend to be asleep when he senses someone like Radharani beside him much to Dev and Sona's amusement. The genes of his parents are not only seen in his face but also characteristics.

His favorite color was Royal blue, the same as Dev but more demanding. He would only wear dresses of that Color and would show all sorts of tantrums if he is made to wear a dress of different color, from his crib to mattress everything he needs is blue.

He would even cry if Dev and Sona wore something other than blue. When he became a eight-month old healthy toddler, the house was sure to be a ruckus, he would crawl around the home much to his mother's dismay and would make sure to feed his food to all the bricks and tiles in his home.

Dev was in dilemma to be Happy that his son is growing or be frustrated that he is making all walls yellow and red that he has to do a white-wash twice a year.

Someone whom Aarav did no harm was his grandparents. His Nana was his favorite, he would roam around the city with Bijoy squirming in his arms. His Asha Nani get him all new toys and shower him with dresses and specifically: Royal blue.

Ishwari dadi was all new for him. She would take care of him while his parents are at work and play with him. She would sing lullaby and make him sleep. But, the most fascinating thing for him was that whenever his dadi goes out for some work, she returns home with a wonderful gift for him.

He would crawl to the entrance when he hears the horn of her car and would always find the colorful gift wrappers enchanting. He would clap his hands merrily and flash a grin which is not toothless now. Dev would scold his grandparents for spoiling him with treats every now and then but who cares? All they want is to see their grandkid smiling and laughing.

Aarav's partner in crime was is Jeevan chachu. The duo would always do something with a bang and unfortunately that something was never funny. Tearing Bijoy's Kurta seemed to be the main aim of the two. It made Bijoy so frustrated that he would lock his cupboard and take the key with him everywhere he goes.