10 | When Little ones became Big

10// When Little ones become Big.

◆●◆

(4 years leap, so Aarav is 14 while Adhya is 9)

"Dev!" Sonakshi called out to her husband.

It was a usual morning hours in Dixit Mansion. Sonakshi and the kids were jogging around the room grabbing things and rushing to the breakfast tables.

Sonakshi had a full-time duty today. She was in the last leg in opening her own health care centre. Just a few more experience qualifications, she'd be the best nutritionist in the state.

Ishwari was already seated in around the table busy reading her newspaper, which sure had a news about her son. Not particular in a decorative piece but even in a small column.

A few seats away, Radharani was gobbling up her breakfast. Not having enough patience to wait for others to come. Mamaji beside her was busy with his work.

Clutching her books close to her heart; Adhya ran to the couch and started putting her books in the bag according to her timetable. Soon after Aarav followed the suit carrying his books in one hand and tie in another with his Daddy Dev bringing his bag down.

Sonakshi pilled up some breakfast in a plate and rushed to the kids aid. She fed both of them simultaneously, as they put their books in their bags.

"How many times have I told you to arrange timetable at night?" Sonakshi glared at them and stuffed Aarav's mouth. "You guys never listen. Now see...It's getting late for both of us"

Wiseacres kept mum and continued doing their work. Their mother was normally uncontrollable and now that she is angry she is beyond uncontrollable. Adhya glanced her Daddy who shot them a amused look.

"Daddy, can you do my hair?" Adhya pleaded. Dev's grin dropped. "Please?" Unwantedly, for the sake of his kid he moved to her and made her sit in the soda arm. Adhya handed him a comb and he started trailing her hair with it.

It continued for a few minutes when Adhya erupted. "Daddy! You have to braid it not simply comb. Sonakshi who was done with her packing now paced to the duo. She grabbed the comb from Dev and shooed him away.

"You leave it Dev, it's not your forte," Dev gave a annoyed glance before going to the table. A few minutes later, she went on to finish her breakfast.

Ishwari smiled to herself seeing the early morning commotion. Dev and Sonakshi took her blessings before turning to get door.

"Dadi, I have math exam today" Adhya chimed.

"And me Science" Aarav said.

"All the best! Granny's blessings are always with her cute Grandkids." She smiled. Aarav and Adhya leaned downward and touched her feet, just like her parents have done. Ishwari placed her hand on their head as they got up.

After a final wave of good bye's and all the best's, The tiny Dixit Family left for the day.

++++

It was 8 in the night. Adhya sat in the couch watching TV with a sad face. Aarav sat beside her, his arm loosely wrapped around her hand as of assuring her of something.

Ishwari was already tensed of their behavior. Not it have they been behaving weirdly since they came back, but that they didn't even speak a word to her which is highly the impossible task in the world.

Motioning to them she asked, "Honey, what's happened? Why are you guys behaving oddly since you came back from school?" She analyzed their features. "Any problem?"