09 | Camping Chronicles

'No proofread' Pardon me for that. I am suffering from severe time scarcity. Shall edit soon.

09// Camping Chronicles

◆●◆

"No, No, No!" Aarav and Adhya shook their head in unison.

"We want to go to picnic with my friends," Adhya narrowed her eyes. "I want to play ringa-ringa-roses with them."

"Yes! Mumma. We are going to play, cricket, soccer, baseball, chess, volleyball....."Aarav continued.

Sonakshi shoot them a pathetic look and placed a hand on Adhya's cheek. "I understand your feelings, honey. But I cannot find anything. It is your grandpa's diwas and you are supposed to be present for that occasion. It is mandatory."

"What is that?" Aarav questioned.

"Grandpa's diwas means....It's like your grandpa visiting our home for a day. That doesn't mean he will break down from the roof or come by the door, he will be invisible and be around us in his spiritual form." Sonakshi explained.

Aarav rolled his lips. "Does that mean we can talk to grandpa?"

"Sadly no. You can't talk directly to him, but that doesn't mean he can't listen. He will be around you and listen to you even if he can't reply." Sonakshi smiled.

"Mumma...Why can't we ask Dadaji to come another day? Some other day when we are done with our picnic? We can talk lots of stuff with him." Adhya pouted.

Sonakshi laughed. "That's not possible. He has already taken appointment from God to visit his grandkids on his Saturday. He can't take that back"

"Why didn't you tell Dadaji that we have picnic that day?" Aarav asked with a dejected face. "Why didn't you tell him to fix his appointment late?"

Sonakshi leaned down and pulled Aarav in a tight hug. And the reaction was almost instant. Aarav clinged to mother with his little sista joining them in the tow.

It was some kind of a deal with the wiseacres. NO. 1 Always hug your dad/mom together. Adhya threw herself on Sonakshi making as much little space as possible for herself and ensuring that neither her mom or her brother are disturbed.

"Aww...Group hug without me?" Dev stood at the doorway with his hands crossed.

"Daddy! We will hug you only if you let us go on picnic" Adhya chimed.

"Yes. Why not? You both can obviously go on a picnic" He smiled at them. Adhya and Aarav beamed.

"Dev!" Came the tensed and frustrated voice of his wife. Dev shot her a eyebrow.

"Come on, Sonakshi. Don't go around showing off as a strict mother. They are kids let them enjoy their life" He commented.

Sonakshi's jaw dropped down and her nostrils flared. "First thing, it's dad's diwas that day and their presence...." She pointed a finger at the wiseacres." ...is mandatory. Second thing, it was you who told me two days before to be a bit strict as the kids are going out of control." She placed hands on her hip. "Now tell me, how can you be so bipolar? And how can you forget about the diwas? Wasn't it you who said that to me sometime back? What's going on in your mind?" She questioned.

Dev flashed her a uncomfortable sheepish smile. "Uh...I was too busy with work..." He scratched the back if his head awkwardly as his city little kids stared at him puzzled and his wife shooting daggers at him. He averted his glance to his children. "And...Sorry Aarav, Adhya you can't go to picnic in that day. I can't permit you that."

They frowned. "But I want to spend fun time" Aarav spoke. "There are always problems in my life. No fun." Aarav mumbled while his parents stared at him amused. It has just been a decade since his little mischief was born and now he patrolling around about problems.