08 | Mundane Marriages

This chapter is dedicated to Aamu031 as it is her birthday today! Happie Birthday to you. Have a blast and a great year ahead. (Sorry! I found out this late and so a late dedication.)

08// Mundane Marriages

◆●◆

"Mumma, what am I wearing? I don't like torn dresses," Aarav clutched his sherwani and went to his mother who was busy with his sister.

Sonakshi turned to him with a astonished look. "Is it torn? I bought it only after checking it thoroughly" She turned him left and right to check the damage.

"Mumma! My hair is falling," Adhya screeched. Sonakshi has left her hairstyle abruptly and it was now dangling in the sides.

"1 minute sweetheart." She said to her. "Dev!" She shouted.

Dev took his own leisure time before entering the room. "Yes, Sweetheart?" Sonakshi eyes widened as he called her like that. Aarav and Adhya narrowed their eyes and Dev's face paled. "Yes, Adhya sweetheart?," He went to Adhya and took her in his arms.

"Daddy, it was not me who called you it was mumma," Adhya pointed her little finger at Sonakshi.

Sonakshi cleared her throat and took Adhya from him and made her stand on her feet. "Aarav was telling his shirt is torn. Can you please mend it?" She asked him as she resumed doing Adhya's hairstyle.

"Why don't you check while buying?" Dev kneeled before Aarav and turned him left and right just as his wife did and frowned. "There is nothing torn. It's perfect." He looked up at his Son.

Aarav furrowed his brows and parted his legs slightly. "Daddy! See this," He pointed the partitioning line of the sherwani.

Dev looked at him gobsmacked before bursting into pits of laughter. Sonakshi and Adhya averted their gaze to the duo. Aarav looked at his dad wondering if he had gone mad.

"Oh my....It's not torn Aarav. It's the sherwani cut which makes us easy to walk," His daddy laughed hysterically.

"So this is not torn," Aarav pouted innocently.

"No. It isn't."

++++

Sonakshi made herself ready in a elegant ghagra with matching bangles and jewellery. She was standing before the mirror combing her hair, when a knock at the door interrupted her.

She turned around to see a very elegantly dressed Elena standing at the doorway with a weary expression. She moved to her and placed her hand on Elena's shoulder.

"What's up?"

Elena pursued her lips and shook her head. Her eyes were glassy and if she blinked the tears might pour down. As if understanding her plight Sonakshi placed her finger on her chin and made Elena face her.

"I have full faith on Jeevan..." She started. "He is going to keep you safe and sound."

Elena nodded her head and a fresh set of tears made their way down her face. "I know" she croaked weakly. "But...but I just feel terrified. I..I don't know why"

Sonakshi flashed her a weak smile and continued. "The feeling is not strange Ellie...even I felt the same during my wedding."

"Really?"

"Yes. I was terrified, petrified, curious, anxious and you name it. It's actually a mutual feeling you see, from this night on you're not going to remain a bachelor. You are bonded to another person and from then on you can't just make decisions with your 'yes alone. You will have to consider his opinion too." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.