Epilogue: Stepping in Parent's Shoes

3 YEARS LATER

"Icing cake is not only tasty, but also healthy to eat...."

"Bhai!"

"Oops Sorry! It is not healthy to eat..."

"Bhai!"

"Er..What?" Aarav asked scratching the back of his neck lazily.

"I am halfway making the cake. Can you tell me the rest of the procedure instead of reading something else?," Adhya asked gritting her teeth. She has asked her brother to help her by reading out the procedure, but he was busy admiring the way a icing cake is.

"Yo Sorry!" He flipped through the pages. "So, did you add flour?"

"I said I am halfway down making it," Adhya responded with a dangerously low tone.

"Okay! Okay!" Aarav looked at her from the corner of his eyes. Adhya was standing with a irritated look on her face and her hands on hip. "Were are we now?"

"Made the mixture, then?"

"Okay...Now we have to keep in the oven. Nothing else" Adhya took the cake and placed in a oven pan before putting it in the oven. "Set the temperature and leave it for 15 minutes" She turned the timer knob and set it on. "Now wait"

Adhya jumped and settled beside Aarav in the kitchen counter. Aarav was back to the icing cake. "Can I do something?" Their Ishwari Dadi walked inside and smiled at the mess they have created in the kitchen. Flour spread across the stove, oil spilled floor and what not. "Shall I clean it?"

"No!," They roared instantly. They climbed off the counter and went near their Dadi. "No, we have made this mess and we will clean it"

Ishwari frowned. "come on...it's nothing"

"That's what even I'm saying. It's nothing and we can manage that," Aarav smiled and playfully put an arm around his Dadi. "Has my Dadi taken lunch?"

"Yes"

"Medicines?," Adhya chirped.

"Yes?"

Adhya glimpsed Aarav and they both spoke in unison. "So..it's time for your rest. Now be a good kid and go to sleep Dadi," Aarav pulled his arm off her shoulder and gripped her hand. While Adhya gripped the another.

"What are you guys doing?" Ishwari asked smiling amusingly.

"We are putting our Dadi in bed." Adhya said.

"Because she is being fussy" Aarav Added. Ishwari chuckled and let her grandkids take her to her room.

++++

"Why is the house dark?," Dev peered over his house. It was unusually dark. Too dark to be precise. Not even a single streak of light. "Is this even my house?"

"Is it a electricity cut?" Sonakshi peeped over Dev's shoulder. Dev turned to her. "Or.." Her eyes darkened and Dev immediately shook his head negatively.

"No way. There is no chance of burglary. This home is CCTV protected if you forgot"

Sonakshi nodded. "Then were are all?"

"Let's call them and see?" Dev switched on the light but it was not working. "How is it possible? We have generators right?"

"I don't know Dev, but I'm feeling scared." Sona's voice choked. Dev pulled her in a hug.

"Aarav?!" He yelled. "Adhya"

Sona withdrew from his arms. "Maa! Nikki! Riya!"

No response.

Dejectedly, they sat down on the couch. Sona saw something moving in the background. "Eek! Something is moving," She shrieked and gripped Dev's arm.

Dev took out his phone to on the torch, but something caught his attention. The glass before them was tingling with light. His eyes widened as he noticed it was not light but fire.

He got up and at the right moment, the lights came back.

"Happy Wedding anniversary!," Their families cheered. Dev glanced down and noticed the fire cackling from the candles.

Sona fell down on the couch again with a laugh of relief. "You sucked the life out of me," She giggled.

"Nah! I'm not a Dementor" Aarav smiled.

"Now come on cut the cake," Adhya handed them a knife wrapped with ribbon. "Taste it and tell how it is," They looked at her. "I made it myself," She smiled.

"With the help of Aarav!," He shouted from the back. Sonakshi hugged both her kids together.

"I love you both so much," A lone tear escaped her eyes.

Dev and Sona cut the cake and celebrated their anniversary. Dev took a piece of cake to Aarav but he directed his Dad's hand to his mother. "Ladies first, Dad" Dev smiled and fed Sona. She did the same.

"Yummy!" Sonakshi licked her lips. "Are you sure you sent brought it form shop Adhya?" Adhya frowned. "Aw..I'm just kidding."

They fed the cake to the Bose Family. Bijoy was overjoyed with the preparations done by his grandchildren. Sourav hugged Aarav and Adhya tightly till they had to tell him that they are choking. The new family of Jeevan along with his wife Elena and twin daughter Ridhi and son Rehaan, gifted them identical infinity rings much to Sona's delight as she wanted one. Everyone handed them gifts until their couch was brimming with glitter papered boxes.

"Now, everyone we are going to do Slow Dancing" Adhya announced.

"How to do that?"

"I'll show you," Aarav moved to Adhya and gripped her waist. "Music please" They swayed to the tune of the music and made slow and simple steps. Adhya caught Aarav shoulder and danced with her brother.

Deva and Sonakshi smiled at them. "I really think we have had gems instead of kids."

"I was thinking on that," Dev said.

They then moved to the dancing stage and slow danced along with many others.

"I love you, Dev" She whispered as he made her swirl around.

"I love you, Sonakshi" He caught her hand and brought it to his lips.

"We love you mom and dad" Adhya and Aarav said from behind giggling at their lovestrucked parents.

"We love you too sweethearts!" They smiled.

__________FIN__________

Kiddopia has ended😥😥😥 I'm missing it right now. How did you guys feel this ff was? I'm really curious to know and did you like the way it ended? Please share your views!

And if you want to rate it out of 10 how much will it be?

Which was your Favorite Character and why?

A really seriously question now. What do you think my writing is? Is there any space for improvement?

I have posted the thank you note too. Do check it out!

Adios Amigos!

Pooja