Chapter 11: The Written Test and Confessions

The written test began and some people, like Gaara, caught on to what the test was really about. He used his sand to make an eyeball to look at someone's test. Drella just smirked and made a little telescope made of water on her eyes. This enhanced her sight and she saw someone's test and copied it down. Then she blinked the water away and they came off as tears. She then wiped her eyes with her arm. She flipped her test over and saw that Gaara was done. Drella then snuck her hand over to Gaara. He noticed but he didn't make a move to stop her. She placed a hand on his thigh and smiled at him. He gave a small smile back. He reached his hand over and put his hand over hers. He rubbed circles on her hand with his thumb. Drella leaned her head on her left hand on the desk. No one noticed the duo's subtle movements except for Ibiki. He noticed but he didn't make any move to stop them. 'Love. Such young love.' He thought while looking at Drella and Gaara. Drella laced her hand with Gaara's. Gaara didn't make any movement against it. When forty five minutes were up, Ibiki explained the rest of the test and the rules for the tenth question. Drella and Gaara sat still with Gaara still rubbing circles with his thumb. Drella almost fell asleep when Gaara shook her awake. Drella gave a small sheepish smile at Gaara as she blushed.

Many of the Genin left and only left a few Genin. There were many Genin in the batch who didn't quit. Naruto stood up and raised his hand. Drella made no movement to stop him because he slammed his hand down on the table and made a promise that he would never run away. All of the rookie Genin seemed to get this sudden confidence and they all stayed. Ibiki told them that they all passed and then Anko came crashing through the window with a big banner behind her. She was their second proctor. She told them to go to the Forest of Death tomorrow for the second part of the exam. Everyone left except for Ibiki, Anko, Drella and Gaara. Drella stood up with her hand still intertwined with Gaara's. Ibiki and Anko were talking quietly and didn't notice that Gaara and Drella were still in the room. Drella pulled Gaara up and smiled at him. Then she dragged him out of the room and to Ichiraku's Ramen shop. They sat down and ate ramen in silence still holding hands. When Drella was finished, she leaned against Gaara with her head on his shoulder.

"Gaara." Drella said in a voice that sounded worried about something. Gaara turned his head towards her and asked, "What is it?" Drella looked into his seafoam green eyes and smiled, "Never mind. It's nothing important. No need to worry." Drella said. Gaara didn't believe her, so he put some bills on the table and he dragged her to the training ground number three. He then looked around making sure no one was there and he asked, "What is it?" Drella looked down at her feet and bit her lip. "Well, it's just that I really like you." She said while flinching. Waiting for his response she gnawed her lip until it bled a little. When he didn't respond, Drella's shoulders dropped and she looked down sadly before turning around to walk away. As she walked away, Drella paused and waited to see if Gaara would respond. When he didn't, Drella kept walking. When she was at least a good ten feet away something grabbed her waist and pulled her back to Gaara. She slammed into his chest and Gaara wrapped his arms around Drella breathing in her scent. "I-I really like you too." He said while nuzzling his face in Drella's hair.

Drella wrapped her arms around Gaara's waist and they just stood there hugging. Then Gaara looked down at Drella who looked up at him. They stared into each other's eyes and leaned in. Gaara kept glancing at her lips and Drella did the same. Then their lips met and there were sparks. It was like the whole world disappeared and it was only them. It was a simple kiss, no tongue or anything, just lips. The kiss felt so right but so wrong at the same time. Like something in Drella was saying that this was wrong, but the other part of her said that this was so right. Drella and Gaara felt like they both could stand there forever, but forever is impossible and they had to break apart. Gaara leaned his forehead against Drella's and no one noticed the sand swirling around the two as they were entangled in each other's embrace. Drella rested her head against Gaara's chest and Gaara rested his head on her shoulder. The sun was setting and everything seemed perfect. Then Gaara realized what he was doing and he gently pulled away from Drella's embrace. Drella looked at him confused. "I'm sorry. This isn't going to work out." Gaara said while bringing his fist to his lips.

Drella looked down and said, "Oh. Well we can make it work. I know we can." She reached out to touch him, but Gaara jerked back away from Drella. Drella felt her heart clench. "No. We can't. You don't understand. I'm a monster and you're a princess. You're not suppose to be with me." Gaara said while turning his back to Drella. "It doesn't matter if you think you're a monster because I don't think that. We can be together if we just tried." Drella pleaded. "No we can't. Drella listen to me. This thing that's between us has to stop. We can't be together so just leave." Gaara said while pointing away towards the main part of the village. Drella started tearing up, "We could be together. We could make it work... But if you want me to leave then I will. Goodbye." Drella said and then she ran. She ran all the way to Naruto's house.

She banged on the door. When Naruto answered the door he was met with a familiar face that had tears on it. Naruto immediately pulled her inside, shut the door and hugged her tightly. He knew now wasn't the time to ask questions. Right now, Drella needed comfort and Naruto would give it to her. Drella cried and sobbed. She cried for everything wrong in her life. Once she was done sobbing, Naruto asked, "What happened?" Drella rubbed her eyes and said, "Nothing. I promise." Drella said while giving Naruto a small grin. He squinted his eyes at her before saying, "Alright. But you know you can tell me anything, okay?" Drella nodded and they just hugged. Drella ended up sleeping over Naruto's. Drella braided Naruto's hair on the left side of his head while they were laying down. Drella was really proud of the braid and Naruto liked it. The next day they both headed towards the Forest of Death where Anko was waiting for them. Drella looked around seeming to be searching for someone and she thought to herself, 'Get over him. Right now you have to focus on not allowing Orochimaru to give Sasuke the curse mark.' As Anko spoke, Drella felt someone's gaze on her. She didn't turn around to see who it was because she already knew. Drella took a step closer to Naruto who noticed and hung his arm around her. Naruto then started saying how this part of the test was going to be easy. Anko threw a kunai at Naruto and Drella immediately caught the kunai before it could even touch Naruto. Some people gasped and others backed away from her. Drella's arm was stretched across Naruto's face to where the kunai was. She brought the kunai back to herself and she looked at it before glaring at Anko. "Don't you dare touch him." Drella growled while pocketing the kunai. Naruto dropped his arm and just hung close to Drella.

"Stealing from your procter. That's not too smart kid." Someone said. Drella just smirked and said, "Well, I did learn it from you, so I guess that means that you're not too smart yourself." She turned around and came face-to-face with Zabuza. Haku was standing next to him. "So, what brings you here Zabuza, Haku?" Drella asked. "Just here to cheer you on. Kakashi told me how he recommended you for the exams and Haku and I were like, what? By herself? And Kakashi said, yup she's by herself." Zabuza explained. "Oh well thanks Zabuza and Haku. I'm glad that you trained me." Drella said. Whispers could be heard throughout the crowd. "The S-rank criminal Zabuza?" "All alone?" "She's a goner." "She'll die within the hour." "Easy target." "We'll go after her first." Drella didn't bother taking any of the comments to heart because she'd probably beat them all. Zabuza and Haku started talking about the exam and everyone took a step back from them. Naruto slung his arm around Drella again and he talked to Zabuza and Haku too. The both of them took Zabuza and Haku's advice to the heart. When Anko handed out consent forms everyone became a little scared. Everyone signed them and was given a scroll when they handed in the forms. Drella received an Earth scroll, so she had to get a Heaven scroll. She was going through the gate with her team so she could keep an eye of Sasuke. Kakashi was there and said, "Be careful out there guys. It's dangerous." Everyone took heed to Kakashi's warning. They waited anxiously for the signal to begin. Then the bell rung and the gates opened and then they were off.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my fellow ninja comrades! How are you all? I have brought you a new chapter that I hope you enjoyed because I enjoyed writing it! Please vote, comment and share with your fellow ninja!

xx Livie<3