Chapter 17: The Kiss? Drella x Naruto

For the next few weeks, Drella trained and hung out with Naruto. For some reason, she hasn't seen Gaara, but she brushed it off. Drella was focused on training for the third part of the exams. She knows that this is the part where the third hokage dies trying to take Orochimaru with him. Sarutobi had asked Drella not save him. Of course Drella tried to refuse, but the third hokage made it very clear to Drella that saving him would cause a rupture in the timeline causing everything else to become uncertain. So Drella gave up, well not really, she still wanted to save the third because it would again cause problems in the future if he was dead. So she talked to the third about a plan to save him, but to make it look like he died.

"Hey, Drella-chan!" Naruto yelled down the street. Drella turned towards Naruto and he jumped on her. Drella laughed and held him. "It's been forever, Drella-chan. How long has it been?" Naruto asked while letting go of Drella. "Naruto, it's only been one week," Drella said while laughing at Naruto's antics. "One week is a long time, Drella-chan," Naruto said while pouting. "I mean I guess it's a long time, but the third part of the exam is tomorrow, aren't you supposed to be training for it?" Drella asked while laughing. "Believe it, Drella! I already trained for today!" Naruto said while smiling at Drella. "You trained with Pervy Sage right?" Drella asked. "Yup! That perv hasn't really taught me anything though, except how to control my chakra better," Naruto said grumpily. Drella laughed because she knew that Naruto would come to adore and love Jariya.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Drella asked. "Let's go get ramen!" Naruto yelled while grabbing Drella's arm. He dragged her to Ichiraku's ramen shop. "Okay okay, Naruto. Calm down," Drella laughed. Naruto just smiled brightly and tugged her along. "Hey, old man!" Naruto called through the tent. "Who's calling me old man?!" Teuchi yelled, then he turned around. "Ahh, Naruto, how nice it is to see you, it's been a while," Teuchi said to Naruto who smiled brightly at the man. "Yup! I've been training extra hard for the Chunin exams!" Naruto said to Teuchi who smiled at the blonde's energy. "And how are you, Drella?" Teuchi asked and Drella responded, "I've been good. Tired, but good. I've also been training hard for the Chunin exams," Drella said while remembering her training. Then she smiled at the fact that she could save the third hokage.
Naruto noticed Drella's smile was bright and it reached her eyes. "What are you so happy about?" Naruto asked. "I'm happy that I'm here with you," Drella responded while smiling at Naruto who smiled back. "The third part of the exam starts tomorrow. Are you ready?" Teuchi asked and Naruto gave him a thumbs up. "I'm super ready. I'm ready to become a chunin!" Naruto yelled and Drella's heart fluttered at Naruto's smile. "Drella-chan, what has Kakashi been teaching you?" Naruto asked. "That's a secret until the third part of the exam," Drella said while smiling and Naruto pouted. "Aww man. I wanna know now!" He whined and Drella giggled. "Fine. Come close," Drella started and Naruto came in close, "it's a new jutsu," she finished and Naruto's eyes widened. "A new jutsu! Sounds exciting," he said with excitement in his eyes. Drella liked that smile on his face and she wanted him to smile all the time. "Drella-chan, have you visited bushy brow recently ?" Naruto asked. "Yes I have. He's not doing too well. He's pretty upset about not being able to walk let alone fight. But he's a good sport about it. He's not giving up," Drella said and Naruto nodded. "Yup. I know. I visited bushy brow yesterday," Naruto said as he smiled at Drella who stared. There was an awkward silence until Naruto broke it when he noticed Drella staring at him. "Drella-chan?" Naruto asked. "Hmm, what?" Drella asked, snapping out of her gaze. "Is there something on my face?" Naruto asked while wiping his face. "No, there's nothing there," Drella assures. "Then why were you staring at me?" Naruto asked innocently. "Because you're just super adorable," Drella responded while blushing and then she took a bite of ramen, not looking at Naruto. Naruto started blushing and he stuttered, "Uhh, you're super adorable too, Drella-chan." Drella turned bright red and she felt her stomach flutter with butterflies. She swallowed and put her hands on her face to hide her blush. "You're cute when you blush," Naruto started making Drella blush more. She doesn't know why she's blushing so much. She only blushes this much when she's with Gaara. "I love this man," Sara said to Drella. "Love him?" Drella asked. "Of course, a mere human like you could never understand why I love him so much," Sara said while swooning over Naruto. Naruto noticed that Drella's eyes clouded over and he got confused. "Try me," Drella said and Sara shook her head. "I'll tell you later. Right now, Naruto is trying to get your attention," Sara said while disconnecting the mindlink with Drella. Drella snapped out of it when Naruto put a hand on her shoulder.