Chapter 3

Edited

It had taken a total of six months to complete the training. It had taken six months for the shifter to master the required Tsukikaze clan techniques to affirm her Alpha status. It had taken six months, remarkably, for her to complete a training programme which hadn't been interrupted in the least. Itachi hadn't summoned her; nobody had found her little den, and nothing had happened at all. That fact alone - to someone who had only known a life of torture and pain - was horrifying, did that mean something far worse was looming over her? She wasn't sure, and in all honesty, she doubted she ever wanted to know.

The ghostly-haired girl stood there solemnly, breathing in the cold night air as her tail flicked back and forth lazily behind her, it was, after all, the last night she would be able to enjoy the feeling of the soft nightly breeze ruffling her thick fur. Ever since she had completed Ko's satanic training - a regime that made Itachi's hellish one seem like paradise - she had been able to sense the presence of several powerful entities, ancient creatures which she supposedly retained a deep pack bond with. From where she stood, ears perked to attention, the closest of her pack, of her family, was the Kyuubi no kitsune. Faintly, if she concentrated hard enough, she could feel its suppressed power, could feel its rage and, above all, it could feel its loneliness.

From what Ko had told the incarnate, the bijuu's name was Kurama and he had been sealed by humans for quite a while now, forced to jump from one vessel to another. Initially, this had enraged the canine shifter - so much so, there was now a large gorge below the mountain, crafted specially by her first experience of losing control of her power - but after focusing a great deal, meditating for a prolonged period, she had been able to discern Kurama's anger from that of his vessel, she had been able to separate the pain and isolation from the vessel, a fairly young one from what she could tell. Her former plan; to tear Kurama from the vessel and set him free had dissolved the moment she felt the child's fear, his pain, and his self-loathing. It was from that day she declared the child a part of her pack, vessel of the Kyuubi or not, the child would not be hurt. Ko had been against it at first but Koyuki flooding their shared mindscape with the child's feelings was enough to convince the Godly creature. And thus, the mighty pack grew without the child even knowing it.

Humming softly to herself, Koyuki could feel the curl of anticipation from her tail and she inhaled deeply; it was time. Clapping her hands together, the phantom-like woman was suddenly consumed in a whirlwind of purple flames, the embers swirling and dancing around the shadowed form of the shifter with an eagre shrill. The blazing sight only lasted for a second, and just as it ended, the girl was gone from her spot atop the mountain, leaving no trace, not even a scorch mark from the roaring flames was left behind. The looming reunion of her family, of the most deadly coalition known to the heavens, was about to begin.

~~~~~~~
Konohagakure - the village hidden in the leaves, Konoha - was unaware of the powerful entity stalking its borders, the mighty nation was unaware of the beast lying in wait, prowling in the shadows, waiting for the call of what rightfully belonged to it. Waiting for the call that could bring Konoha to her knees, if the summoner so desired.

Paws padding soundlessly through the bordering forest of the vast village, dancing between Suna and Konoha, was the beast in question. Ghostly white fur bristled with impatience, fangs slightly bared, tail held high in the air, the large canine paced, moving back and forth, waiting for her bond to the Bijuu, or to the host, to invite her in. She could simply stalk into this village, she could simply take what was hers and disappear just as quickly. She could and, yet, she wouldn't. This was unfamiliar territory, this was not hers to invade; the forest sang of treacherous battles, the wind howled with untold secrets and the ground trembled with a warning; this was Kurama's domain, or it was until humans overthrew its king, its guardian. Her instincts were far stronger than her rationality, and thus, she waited in the shadows, and she would keep waiting, for as long as she needed. Ko being the alpha was one thing, an incarnate was another, she would have to be accepted first, and the least she could do was respect the invisible wall proclaimed by the Kitsune. A call, an invitation, anything would do, but she would not step a single paw into Konoha without it.