Chapter 2

Edited

Blinking once, the white-furred wolf cocked her large head to the side as she observed the raven-haired man quietly. Sauntering over to the man - who appeared to be lost in his thoughts - the large canine baulked slightly and pawed at him lazily. No response. Tilting her head even further, Koyuki huffed and pawed a tad more aggressively at him, slightly annoyed for being ignored. Again, Itachi gave no visible response to the persistent nudging.

Snarling lightly, the large wolf bared her fangs in irritation as her tail flicked and curled with displeasure. This was not a creature to be so easily ignored. Without thinking twice, the Tsukikaze hissed softly as she closed the small gap between them. As she moved, a sadistic flicker of amusement danced across her icy gaze. Looking him over, she mercilessly lapped her large tongue directly over the entranced man's face, ensuring as much slobber as possible was plastered across his features.

The Uchiha blinked, once, twice, three times, an expression mimicking that of a baffled owl. A long pause unfurled between the duo as the older male processed what the canine had done to him. She wouldn't, he thought to himself, she wouldn't dare... A clump of slobber sliding down his nose mockingly slow was enough to banish such thoughts. She would and she had. Narrowing his red gaze, Itachi met the smug canine's icy stare, noting the amusement dancing in her eyes. With a barely stifled growl of irritation, the Uchiha ground out lowly, "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you."

The white wolf snorted, lowering her head in a mock apology as her tail swayed coyly behind her, before stating, "Awe, give me one good reason why I shouldn't do that again." His Sharingan gaze seemed to darken in warning at the beast before he added snidely, "I am not something you should ignore, Uchiha. A bond has been formed between us and it should not be taken lightly."

Face scrunching up with a rare display of displeasure, Itachi grumbled lowly before musing coldly, "Training starts now. I'd start running." The canine tilted her head in confusion, opening her powerful jaws to question the man. Before she could, however, the man before her disappeared in a flurry of leaves.

Her ears perked as her fur bristled, and the large beast gnashed her teeth with anticipation. Answers or not, this was what she had been waiting for. She moved without much thought, her paws claiming against the dirt with little to no coordination. Her gaze was thrashing about as she tried to find the man, left, no, right, no, up, no. Down? No. Unfortunately for Koyuki, it seemed the Uchiha didn't have to make a move at all. The monstrous creature had failed to take into account her inexperience with this form, which led to the inevitable scramble to stay upright. Unused to four paws, Koyuki was quick to falter in her movements, paws clawing wildly at one another as she fumbled in place, unable to balance her weight. She found herself slumped on the ground a second later.

Blinking owlishly, the white wolf craned its neck slightly to find the Uchiha above her, pinning her in place. It seemed the shinobi had taken advantage of her prior imbalance, pinning her moments before she could regain her bearings.

Hissing softly in defeat, Koyuki struggled half-heartedly against the stronger man before slumping back to the ground, heaving an irritated sigh. The Uchiha remained impassive but the flicker of smugness in his red gaze didn't go unseen by the beast. With a thump of her remarkably long tail, Koyuki was delighted with the look of annoyance she received in response. Her tail had successfully made contact with the man pinning her, practically smacking him upside the head.

Shaking his head, Itachi climbed off of the beastly canine, allowing her to roll lazily onto her stomach. Without really thinking about it, the trained assassin crouched down to meet the wolf's gaze as he dismissively patted her head, tilting his head in thought. Koyuki's ears flicked with mild surprise but she didn't snap her jaws in protest, no, she simply remained silent as her new sensei seemingly devised a plan of sorts.