Chapter Twenty One: Like Father, Like Daughter

Jasper

"Because he was a Protector first."

The room goes silent for a few moments as we process what he said. My eyes fly to Lana as her emotions change to surprise and a flicker of longing.

What's that mean? Maybe she has thought about being a vampire... Am I really selfish enough to keep her with me forever?

"How old is he?" Lana asks after a short silence.

"He turned one hundred and fifty a few months ago." Ian leans back into the sofa as his mood relaxes. The worst must be over.

"Why can't we meet him now? And why haven't we met him before?" Sebastian asks as he pops his fingers, narrowing his bright blue eyes.

"He's busy. He doesn't stay in the same location for longer than a few days. He will meet with you when he decides to." Ian shrugs. "But, I'm sure you'll both hear from him soon. I gave him your numbers."

"Oh, thanks Ian!" Lana says sarcastically. "Now he can stalk our lives and blow up our phones when he feels like it? Great, fucking perfect." Aggravation leaks from her.

"Lana, you know how I feel about that language." Ian's voice is full of authority.

"And, I don't fucking care! You tell us, that you gave a stranger our phone numbers, and expect us to be okay with it." Lana snaps, glaring at him. I quickly change her angry climate to a calmer one as well as the rest of the room.

Ian sighs. "Calm down. He's not a stranger. We kno–"

"He's a stranger to us, Ian." Sebastian interrupts him. "You know him, we don't. I think we have a right to over react a little after all of this shit we just found out." He places his hand on Lana's back, reassuringly.

"We understand that." Nan's soft voice is serious. "But you two should understand that everything the three of us did, was to make sure you both were safe. I promised your parents I would make sure the both of you lived. I will continue to keep that promise." Determination and promise are clear in her tone.

"I get that, but, I don't like the fact that you gave my number out to someone who has visions about me." Sebastian voice softens as he looks at Alice. "No offense, babe."

The humans are both surprised, looking at Alice. Lana face palms. "Idiot."

Alice's bell-like laugh rings out when Sebastian looks around the room, wide eyed. "Oops."

"You have visions, too?" Nan asks sitting up, curious.

Alice looks over at me with a beaming smile before turning to the two adults, explaining her visions. They don't ask questions until she's finished. Then, they explain to us that, how her visions change with decisions—the visions that Elijah have, will, and have to happen. Nan looks over at me with curiosity and asks if I possess a gift.

"My gift is a lot like Lana's. Instead of absorbing emotions, I can change the emotions of those around me." My eyes land on my mate's face. "Like I did earlier when I made the emotional climate of the room relax before Lana got too angry." I reply truthfully.

Lana playfully rolls her purple eyes at me. "I wasn't that angry. It's not like I was going to go all grey eyed." She zestfully elbows me.