Part 10

Recap: Nandini turned around to leave but she tripped on the floor and was about to fall down, when Manik quickly held her waist from back, preventing her from falling. He was about to pull her back when he got the biggest shock of his life which made his whole body numb!

While tripping her hair fell towards the front and revealing her tattoo on the right corner of her shoulder. She later composed herself and got out of his loose grip as Manik was still in a state of shock. She muttered a thank you and left the place.

Manik's POV

Ta.. tattoo.. the same one... the girl in the rain... wa.. was Nandini!! No no.. how can she be there at that time?? But if it wasn't Nandini then.. then her tattoo?? she has the exact same tattoo... but why would nandini get a tattoo of M?? her name starts with N right, then why M?? Well her surname is Murthy.. is that the reason why or is there something more to it?? Ohh goddd ever since this girl has entered my life, ek complicated maze bangaya hai mera life! Eerrrr.. goshhh why did you have to make this girl so bloody complicated?? And what was she saying?? I called her mom and told about the competition?? Areey I didnt even know who her mom was?? Moreover how on earth would I ever know that her mom hates her being on this competition? Like seriously! Even if I knew, I would never disintegrate such a talented person like Nandini! It's completely against my work ethics.. mein kitna bhi usse ladu.. kitna bhi argue karoon I would never take such talent to the grave! Lekin Nandini! She is not even in a state to listen to me! And I can't even force her to listen to my explanation in such a situation!

On top of all of these mess.. she is gonna get married! Wonderful! What else can I ever ask for?? (*sarcasam*) I mean does she even use her brain?? How can she agree to marry a stranger just for her friends?? Has she gone mad?? But do you know what Manik Malhotra.. you just have to keep calm and whizz through whatever that's happening around you.. I just want tomorrow's semi-finals to be over and done with.. goddd there's been too much drama!

End of POV

Nandini was walking back to her room when she came across the back garden but her attention got caught on some weird noises she heard. She went to the garden to have a closer look at what the noises were, and what she saw made her reduce the pain she was going through. She ran to the source of the noises and as soon as she reached, she was welcomed with 3 little puppies jumping on her. Yes, they were the puppies she looked after during the cold, rainy night. It is said that dogs are the most grateful animals on earth and would remember the people who helped them when they were in need and it proved right.

Nandini was not only happy to see them but was hell confused by their presence at the Malhotra's Farmhouse. She was so relieved to see them there that she started kissing them one by one while Cabir walked into the frame

Cabir: bhai ka fav hai yeh..

Nan: aap??!! (she asked while standing up)

Cabir: you know normally bhai is not an animal lover but I don't know what got into him that made him bring them here.. we got them from the road side.. they were totally drenched, and was shivering in cold. Lekin bhai took them here and surprisingly took a lot of care in between his busy schedule, which is trust me, so unlike him! (Nandini was blankly staring at Cabir as she was pleasantly surprised to know about this) he is not as bad as you think Nandini. He might seem to be very rough and tough outside but woh genuinely ek achchee insaan hai. And I'm not saying this kyunki woh mera bhai hai okay?? I mean that would be a bit lame if I do that.. eeewww.. (to which Nandini chuckled) on a serious note Nandini.. bhai wasn't the one who informed your mom about the competition

The last statement shocked Nandini to the core as she has never told anyone except Manik about what happened in the room.

Nan: so your brother told you everything?? And he might have told you as well right to come and talk to me and most importantly tell me all the traits of your "BHAII".. aur kitna cheap banoge aapka bhai