Part 28 B

MaNan turned around to find Nyonika standing there fuming. Both of them couldn't figure out why she was looking so angry. That's when Nandini saw her hold on his collar. She immediately removed her hands and started looking here and there.

Nyo: is this how your family taught you to behave with your husband?? This is why... this is exactly why I was telling people that she is not the right person for my Manik...

Man: Mom it's not what it looks like... Calm down...

Nyo: CALM DOWN?? (Shouted Nyonika) how can you expect me to calm down when people like her is disrespecting my son?

Man: Mom... Nandini wasn't disrespecting me or anything... We were having a normal conversation

Nyo: Normal conversation... yeah right! I'm not dump Manik!

Nan: Mom... woh... hum

Nyo: Mom?! I'm not your Mom! And I don't wanna listen to you...

Nan: WELL THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO LISTEN TO ME NYONIKA MAM! (she shouted) I know you don't like me... but that doesn't me that you insult me every time you see me! You have insulted me in all the possible ways and I didn't say anything because I was guilty of not stopping Mr. Malhotra during the wedding rituals and I still am! But that doesn't mean you denigrate me every time!

Nyo: Manik why are you silent? Your so-called wife is shouting at your Mom and you are just standing here silent?

Man: But she is right Mom! You've been insulting her since Day 1... Yes our relationship is not going through its best phase and yes we might not like each other or this marriage but she deserves respect Mom... The minimum respect any woman would ask for.

Nyo: WOW Manik... Is this what I get for loving you so much? Is this what I get for protecting you all this while? You know what... I will not interfere in any of your life anymore beta... You can do whatever you want and you can live your life however you want... (she left the room with tears running down her cheeks)

Man: Mom... Mom listen...

Nan: Yo... you didn't have to take my side Mr. Malhotra. She is you Mom and you shouldn't have spoken to her that way...

Manik turned around and said: You are right! Every time I try to protect you or help you, I end up upsetting everyone around me... everyone who loves me the most and what do I get in return? Your ever so long lectures saying "you didn't have to do this and that", "you are wrong by saying this and by doing that!". I was trying to defend you god dammit, so that you don't feel lonely... I was trying to take your side so that you could feel that there is someone to act as your shield to protect you! But that does not mean that you can talk to my Mom like that! No one has ever raised their voice at her and I won't tolerate it the next time!

Nan: Ohh really? Then how about protecting me from yourself Mr. Malhotra? Because you are the one who hurts me the most! You were saying that your Mom has been insulting me from Day 1 but what about you? You've done the same to me! I'm not some emotionless creature Mr. Malhotra, I do have feelings and I do get hurt. What have you not called me that she hasn't ? You've called me a gold digger, a characterless  and money minded girl and what not! And at the end you are also going to leave me and get rid off me just like my family did! I have just one question Mr. Malhotra, when you are gonna leave me anyway then why not now? Why do you have to torture me like this every single day?

Manik was trying hard to control his anger and without answering her anything he was about to go but before he could reach the door, Nandini ran and stood in front of him. She blocked his way by shutting the door and locking it.

She took the key out of the key whole and said: You will have to answer me today Mr. Malhotra... you cannot just go like this today... I need a closure.

Man: Nandini listen... I've gotta go out, I have a meeting and I need to go with Fab 5 ASAP. So move out of the way.

Nan: FINE then...

She moved out of the way without handing him the key and sat on the bed looking at him with innocently.

Man: Nandini give me the key to open the door...

Nan: Na... I'm your wife but I don't think there's any agreement between us saying that I have to listen to everything that you say. You told me to move away... I obeyed that but don't expect more from me...

Man: NANDINI HAND ME THE KEY NOW!

Nan: What if I wont?

Man: Fine then...

He marched towards her but she was quick enough to stand up on the bed.

Man: Nandini give me the key... I need to go... everyone'e waiting for me...

Nan: Nope!

Manik sighed and sat on the edge of the bed while Nandini frowned in confusion. She expected him to chase her around the room. She slowly bent down, leaning closer to him but within a fraction of a second, she was under him, pinned to the mattress. She opened her eyes which were shut due to the sudden fall, and the first sight she saw was Manik looking deep into her eyes.

Man: Give me the key Nandini

Nan: As I said before, I'm not giving it until you answer me.

Man: Okay then, I don't mind staying like this...

Nan: Mr. Malhotra get off me... NOW!! You are heavy! (said while trying to push him)

Man: You really think you can push me?

Nan: Mr. Malhotra get off me!

During the struggle Nandini failed to notice Manik's intense stare on her. He dragged his hand, which was rested on her waist to her forehead and he gently parted her hair from middle where he was able to see her forehead filled with vermillion. Nandini looked at him confusingly as she didn't understand why he suddenly got interested in parting her hair. Manik traced his forefinger down her forehead, to her cheeks and made its way down to her neck and finally stopped at her collar bone when Nandini held his hand.

Nan: Wh..what are you doing? (she whispered)

Man: Wahi jo mujhe kal hi karnna chahiye tha...

His fingers moved her suit down a little and he bent down to pull out her nuptial chain with his teeth.

Man: Don't you DARE hide these ever again! (said with anger-filled voice) Neither am I planning to take it off nor am I planning to give these rights to anyone. We might not accept each other,  we might not have a normal husband-wife relationship and we might even end-up in two different paths, but always remember that this (took her nuptial chain between his fingers) will and should remain around your neck...

Seeing Nandini lost in him, Manik slowly leaned forward while rubbing his whole body on her and without breaking the eye-contact, he opened her palm and took the key. As soon as he took it of her hands, Manik stood up, straightened himself and rushed out.

Nandini was still in the trance of what happened.

Nandini POV

Cab..cabir was right... He does wanna give this relationship a chance... Should I?

End of POV

To be continued...

Thank you for all your support and love... Please let me know how the update was!