Part 36

Nan: AND I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE MR.MALHOTRA! Do whatever you wanna do.

Nandini left the room to call the doctor.

Few minutes later...

Doc: How are you Mr. Malhotra?

Manik just nodded in a disinterested manner.

While the doctor was busy in checking him, Mr. Mehra came inside.

Mr Mehra: Mr. Malhota, are you okay? I'm so sorry that Nandini behaved so unprofessionally with you and didn't even show the courtesy to drop you till the gates. I'm extremely ashamed by this behaviour of hers.(said while glaring at a silent Nandini) I'm sorry Mr. Malhotra...

Man: No..No Mr. Mehta... don't worry about it... it wa..wasn't her fault. She was ready to drop me till the gates but then I realised that I had dropped my phone in the classroom by accident, so I told her to leave while I went to get my phone. And that's how it all happened... so...it really wasn't her fau...fault.

Nandini stood there stunt at his reply. She thought he would so something mischievous to put her into trouble as he loves troubling her but this was a totally new Manik... and she wasn't getting any warm feelings of this Manik. Somewhere down the line, she did enjoy him troubling her too... she savoured the time when he sneaked into her room... she adored his childishness and troublesome behaviour. But his strange and cold behaviour didn't seem to be working very well for her.

Mr. Mehra was also stunned and amused to hear a calm and composed reply from a short tempered guy like Manik. He looked at Nandini to see her equally shocked.

Mr. Mehra: Mr. Malhotra, would you like us to inform your family?

Man: No.. don't worry, I will take care of myself. I just need to get home ASAP, so if you could arrange my discharge papers, then that would be great.

Nan: But how can you go home like this Mr. Malhotra? There's no one to take care of you at home!

She said in a loud and authoritative tone making Mr. Mehta surprised.

Man: I don't think that's something for you to be worried about Miss. Murthy. Mr. Mehta, please make necessary arrangements to get me home.

Mr. Mehta: Yes Mr. Malhotra. Nandini, why don't you go back to hostel now? Its quite late already.

Nan: But si..

Mr. Mehta: NANDINI I will book you a cab.

Man: NAHI!

He said all of a sudden. there was an immediate rush of happiness on Nandini's face as she thought Manik wanted her to stay with him.

Man: Woh.. It's quite late so taking a cab wouldn't be safe. I will tell my driver to drop you. (said while not making any eye contact with Nandini)

Mr. Mehta: That's decide then! I will get your discharge papers ready.

Manik nodded weakly.

As soon as Mr. Mehta went outside, Nandini marched towards Manik.

Nan: I'm not going anywhere.

Man: Fine... you are more than welcome to stay at the hospital while I will be at home.

Nan: Manik, why cant you understand? You need proper rest!

Man: And why on earth would you care? he shouted

Manik took his phone from the side table and called the driver to come ASAP.