Part 12 A

Soon Nandini went out, leaving a frustrated and angry Manik behind. He was about to go behind her when he was stopped by a phone call he couldn't ignore.

Man: yess mom.. (uninterestingly)

Nyo: hello beta.. why are you sounding so low?? Kuch hua hai kya?? Are you hiding anything from me??

Man: no mom.. aisa kuch nahi hai..

Nyo: fine.. if you don't wanna discuss about it then don't.. but just remember one thing.. no relationships are perfect... moreover no one is perfect Manik. Everyone makes mistakes in there lives and it's completely normal. But that doesn't mean that you break every relationship with them within a blink.. you will have to work on it to make the relationship more stronger.. that's how to deal with the situation Manik.

Man: so aapke favourite Aliya ne aapko call karke sab kuch bata diya.. wow... I wanted her to keep just one thing to herself but she can't even do that!

Nyo: Manik.. first of all Aliya ne mujhse kuch nahi bataya.. as a girl she told her mom about this and coincidentally I was present there too.. she was crying badly Manik.. I mean I know she made a mistake but come on... she is your best friend and more over you guys have been together for such a long time that it's just perfect for you guys to be together! And tbh I don't think she did such a crime by trying to save your relationship!

Man: seriously mom?! You didn't find anything wrong with it? MOM she was physically and mentally hurting someone! Kyun?!!! Kyunki I wasn't giving her much time and she thought I'm drifting away from her because of that girl?!! Okay fine mein maanta hoon that I wasn't able to give her much time lately, lekin uss keliye?? Uss keliye she was gonna ruin someone's career and hurt them in every possible way?? Okay woh sab chodo.. what if after marriage, when I will take over Malhotra industries completely and I won't be able to give her much time?? Would she destroy Malhotra industries just so that she get all my time?? Aur aap uski support kar rahi ho?? I can't believe it

Nyo: I agree Manik lekin just think about it! Aliya is just perfect for you.. she is stylish, rich, talented.. she has every quality to become your life partner moreover.. she is just ideal to become my DAUGHTER-IN-LAW... and she is far far far better than your Daadi's choice of her best friend's grand daughter! At least Aliya has a class! I don't know what your Daadi was thinking when she thought to get you married to that middle-class girl! And Manik, if you destroy your relationship with her, it could really affect your musical career and business as well.. don't forget that Mr. Saxena is also a successful businessman, in future if you need any kind of financial support he will be able to help you a lot..

Man: what?? I can't believe that you are saying this mom! How can you think that I was in a relationship with Aliya coz she is rich or coz her dad is powerful?? Aur agar Mr. Saxena rich hai toh Malhotra's bhi kam nahi hai! Mom when did you start becoming money minded?!! Every god damn thing to you now is just about money and power mom?? I'm soo ash..

Before he could complete his sentence, Nyonika shouted

Nyo: WATCH YOUR TOUNGE MANIK MALHOTRA! Don't forget that you are talking to your mom! Dont you dare raise your voice at me! And I deserve that respect! Aur tum.. tum kya kehrahe the?? That I'm money minded?? I just care about the people who has power right?? If thinking about my son's future and trying to secure his life is being money minded then I'm a money minded woman! Don't forget Manik, that every mother turns selfish when it comes to their children.. and listen to me loud and clear Manik Malhotra, I know that your Daadi is trying to find all the possible ways to get you married to her so-called best friend's granddaughter... but let me make myself crystal clear Manik that agar tum shaadi karoge toh woh sirf aur sirf Aliya se! I believe mujhe itna haq hai ki mein apni bete keliye best choose karoon... and no one can take away this right from me... in fact no one should have the courage to oppose me... tum aur maaji ko bhi nahi!