Part 42

Warning: Slightly mature

Recap:

"So the boring friendship chapter between Mr and Mrs Malhotra begins now I guess", Says to himself while stretching his hands in the air. 

Malhotra Mansion

Manik entered the mansion to find it eerily quiet and dark. He switched on the lights of the living room and proceeded inside the house. He checked his room hoping to find Nandini there but found no trace of her.

Man: I hope she hasn't gone back to the hostel. Shit... Let me try calling her.

He dialled her number and that's when he found her phone laying on the side table, hence making him realise that she is still in the mansion. He looked around the whole house and finally reached the terrace to find his wife staring at the sky blankly. Her face glowed under the moon light. The aromatic fragrance of jasmine buds in his mini terrace garden ready to bloom later at night, hit his nostrils making him calm his nerves down.

(Nandini's Attire)

(Nandini's Attire)

(Manik's Attire)

Nandini in white kurti was always a bliss to watch for him, it reminded him of his first slight of Nandini in the rain. He took a deep breath while slipping his hands inside his front pockets of his jeans. He stood at a safe distance from her and cleared his throat to gain her attention. Nandini slightly looked at him for a brief second but didn't turn around fully. None of them uttered a word for a couple of minutes. Seeing a silent, unapologetic Manik, Nadini shook her head in disappointment and turned around to leave.

Nan: Get  freshen up, I will warm up your food.

She was about to when Manik held her wrist. Both stood still, facing each other's back.

Man: You were right... we... we really should try to be friends.

Nandini immediately turned around with wide open eyes and mouth as she never expected him to accept her offer of being friends. Seeing Nandini staring at him blankly, he chuckled. He stepped closer to her to shut her open mouth.