Class 1-A

Your alarm clock went off at 6:00am and you reached over to hit the snooze button to silence the repeating voice of All Might declaring "Morning is here! Morning is here!"

Though you'd given yourself ten more minutes of sleep, your brain had already begun its start up. 'Alarm went off. No, want sleep. Silence. Why did it go off? Must be a reason. What is today? Sunday? No yesterday was Sunday. So today is...MONDAY!

You jolt out of bed. 'It's the first day of school!'

You hurry to the shower, wanting to be presentable for the new students since this would be your first (official) impression. The exam had been about a month ago and the results had been sent out a week after. Eraserhead had been kind enough to let you see the scores.

The first name on that list leapt to your attention. Katsuki Bakugou had placed first with 77 villain point and 0 rescue points. As much as you hated to admit it, placing first with such a one-sided score was impressive. Other names were listed and a few of them you remembered from exam day, like TetsutetsuTetsutetsu who placed eighth with 49 villain points and 10 rescue points. The redundancy of his name made him stand out, as did his ridiculously long eyelashes that almost doubled as a mask.

However, it was the student who placed seventh that made you smile. Izuku Midoriya: 0 villain points, 60 rescue points. Knowing him, he'd probably cried when he got his acceptance letter.

By 7:00am, you were dressed and out the door. You race to the cafeteria as the earliest students begin to arrive. You waved to a few of your second and third year friends before giving Lunch-Rush your breakfast order. 

He gave you a thumbs up and a few minutes later, he produced your order as if by magic. You head over to where the teachers were discussing homeroom assignments and the school's opening ceremony. Present Mic was babbling to Nezu so you had plenty to listen to.

"(First Name)." You look up from your food to see Eraserhead staring down at you. "Recovery Girl wanted me to tell you that she's assigned you to Class 1-A and Class 1-B."

"Huh? Assigned?" you asked, confused.

"Yes. You'll be the exclusive medic, unless there's an emergency of course. The goal is to train your quirk so you can use it more often and more efficiently."

"Wait, I already have my provisional license. Isn't my quirk strong enough?"

"No. If your quirk worked like Recovery Girl's you'd be plenty strong. But it doesn't, meaning you need to increase your stamina and maintain it. Working solo on the two classes that get the most injuries is the best way to do that."

A part of you was panicking at this huge responsibility. The other part was excited to have the chance to really test your limits. So you nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Good. Meet class 1-A out on the P.E. grounds at 8:30."

"8:30? Sir, that's during the opening ceremony."

"I know. Ditch it." With that, he left, giving you no chance to argue.

**************************************************************

You were out on the field at 8:15. You paced back and forth, nudging little piles of dirt with your shoe to pass the time. A murmur of voices announced the arrival of class 1-A.

"Hey, it's that kissing girl from the entrance exam," said a boy with a lightning bolt pattern in his hair. He was pointing in your direction so everyone started staring at you.

"This is (First Name) (Last Name). She's Recovery Girl's apprentice and she'll be acting as our medic. That said, try not to give her any extra work," explained Eraserhead.

A dark haired girl with strange dangly things on her ears used one to smack the lightning kid. 

"Now listen up." barked Eraserhead, claiming everyone's attention. "Today we'll be doing a quirk assessment test."

"What about orientation?" asked a girl with pink cheeks.

Eraserhead pinned her with a look. "If you want to waste your time, be my guest. But I run my class as I see fit." His gaze shifted to Katsuki. "Bakugou, you placed first in the entrance exam. How far can you throw a softball?"

"Sixty-seven meters," he replied.

Eraserhead tossed him one of the school's special tracker balls. "Go stand in the circle and throw this...using your quirk."

The other students watched him get into position and quickly stretch his pitching arm. You used this time as an opportunity to glance over the other students. Much to your delight, you saw that familiar fluffy green hair. 'So you made it into the hero class, Izuku.'

What you didn't see was Katsuki glance your way, his default scowl deepening when he saw that you weren't watching him like everyone else. You'd been the first person to not treat him like he was the best thing since sliced bread and that blow to his ego was fueling his desire to force you to admit that you were impressed by him.

He wound up and threw the ball, setting off a deafening explosion that reclaimed your focus.

"Discovering exactly what you're capable of is the first step to becoming a true hero," explained Eraserhead, holding up the distance reader.

"Whoa, 705.2 meters?" exclaimed lightning bolt. Katsuki smirked, basking in the awe of the other students.

A murmur of excitement ran through the students, who were eager to try it for themselves. 'They're not taking this seriously at all,' you thought.

"So you think this is fun, huh?" A chillingly calm voice cut through the air, silencing everyone. You smiled to yourself; they'd made Eraserhead angry.

"You have three years to become heroes. You think it's going to be all games and playtime? Idiots." He went on to explain exactly what was involved in the assessment test, from the 50m dash to the standing long jump.

"Whoever comes in last has zero potential...and will be expelled immediately." A wave of shock and objections rippled through the crowd. You remained silent, knowing full well that Eraserhead meant his threat. He'd expelled a whole class of students last year, making the current second year class extra small.

"Show me it's no mistake that you're here," he smirked. "Let the games begin."

************************************************************** 

Thank you for your continued readership. This chapter used to be longer but I decided to divide it into two parts. Please leave questions, comments, concerns, requests, suggestions, etc. However, be nice to your fellow readers.

Thank you for reading.