Chapter 1

Queen Sarabi and her hunting party just found a group of zebra, she crouches beneath the long grass followed by the others and crawls toward their prey as they stalk it with caution.

Before she could signal them to pounce onto one of them, the Zebra are startled by something and quickly see the lionesses coming toward them. In the blink of an eye, they all soon scatter before the group could claim one of their own.

Angry with herself, Sarabi pawed the ground in frustration as Sarafina one of her closest friends walked up.

"Don't beat yourself up, remember we're not going to be in shape like the rest of the group after all we just had cubs" Sarafina reassured.

An unfamiliar scent caught the female leader's nose before she said, "Why don't you all head back to Pride Rock? We'll try again later in the evening"

While the rest of the lionesses started walking away, Sarafina looked at her worried.

"I'm fine, I'll catch up with you" Sarabi said gently.

After a few more minutes of hesitation, Sarafina walked back towards home.

Making sure that she was indeed alone, Sarabi followed her nose to where a strange looking den was formed.

She looks beside the tree and sees a small amount of blood along the side of the trunk before noticing two strange creatures lying dead next to each other, thinking that it was the strange looking things that caused the smell Sarabi was about to turn away from the tree and head home when she suddenly hears crying from the odd-looking den.

Cautiously and on high alert she made her way inside where the crying become a little more louder, still being cautious and alert the mother lioness follows the sound that soon leads to a strange cradle with blankets hovering above it.

Sarabi slowly walks toward the bedding and sees a strange creature twisting and turning beneath a blue blanket, slowly she removes it only to reveal a strange creature that resembled those found outside.

She moves her head closer toward the baby and sniffs his head full of brown hair and takes notice on his different scent, as she continued to sniff the strange creature, he suddenly grabs hold of one of her whiskers before giving it a good tug.

Out of shock and pain, Sarabi roars accidentally scaring the baby, a warm smile grows across her face as she realized what had happened before she nuzzled the infant.

Sarabi realized that the child would surely die in less than a day, without being attended to.

'I guess I'll take responsibility for him' the Queen thought to herself, 'What am I thinking? I can't just bring in a strange creature'

"I just can't leave him here" Sarabi said out loud as she looked back down at the infant before noticing two strange looking things coming from the top of the bed he was laying in.

As carefully as she could, Sarabi grabbed the two handles and gently lifted it up before carrying it out of the strange looking den.

With her newfound son lying in the basket, the Queen soon makes her way into the dense jungle back to Pride Rock where her mate was worrying about her.

Dedication Challenge: 

Who says this: "Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with your food?"

A. Simba 

B. Zazu 

C. Mufasa 

D. Nala