Chapter 15

Tarzan was in a nearby small cave that he had found when Sarabi sniffed him out. 

"I'm so confused" Tarzan said as he heard his mom coming up from behind him. 

"Come with me. There's something I should've shown you long ago" Sarabi said as she nudged Tarzan to follow her.

They soon came upon the treehouse that Sarabi had found Tarzan in when he was just a baby. 

"Is this me? Then this is my father, and-and my--" Tarzan asked as he saw the picture of him and his human parents when they entered. 

"Now you know. Tarzan, I just want you to be happy, whatever you decide" Sarabi said as she went to wait outside to let Tarzan explore by himself. 

Soon she hears Tarzan walking out of the treehouse and looks at him with a faint smile on her face.

"No matter where I go, you will always be my mother" Tarzan said as he hugged her. 

"And you will always be in my heart" Sarabi said nuzzling him before she watched him leave for what she presumed as forever. 

In the Powhatan cornfield, Pocahontas and her best friend Nakoma were picking corn when Nakoma couldn't handle it anymore. 

"All right, what is it?" Nakoma asked looking at her. 

"What?" Pocahontas asked as if she didn't know what she was referring to. 

"You're hiding something" Nakoma said. 

"I'm not hiding anything" Pocahontas said continuing to pick corn. 

"Pocahontas, you can tell me, I promise I won't tell anyone —" Nakoma said stopping herself when she saw Tarzan appear. 

"Pocahontas, look! I'm going to get ---" Nakoma said frightened at the stranger before Pocahontas covers her mouth. 

"What are you doing here?" Pocahontas asked looking at Tarzan. 

"Mmm?!" Nakoma mumbled through Pocahontas' hand. 

"I had to see you again" Tarzan admitted. 

"Mmm!" Nakoma said through Pocahontas' hand shocked and confused by what was going on. 

"Please, don't say anything" Pocahontas pleaded removing her hand from Nakoma's mouth before turning to Tarzan, "Quick, this way" 

"But—" Nakoma started to say before noticing that her friend was already gone. 

Pocahontas leads Tarzan back to Grandmother Willow so they can talk without being discovered. 

"I don't know if I should trust you anymore or not" Pocahontas admitted sadly not looking him in the eyes as she spoke. 

"Why?" Tarzan asked hurt in his eyes. 

"You obviously knew that lion who attacked Kocoum" Pocahontas said upset when she mentioned the deceased warrior. 

"He was my brother, we grew up together. I didn't mean for him to kill your friend" Tarzan said. 

"Your brother? You mean that you live with a pack of lions?" Pocahontas asked shocked looking up at him. 

Tarzan woke early the next morning as the first sunlight poked through the leaves of the tree at first, he was confused because he didn't remember falling asleep in the tree the night before. 

He started to shift his weight, but it was then that he realized Pocahontas was sleeping on him and that he was leaning against the tree trunk, while Pocahontas was curled up beside him with her head in his lap and her arm around his waist. 

Tarzan ran his hand over Pocahontas' hair and she stirred slightly before she slowly opened her eyes and looked around as she seemed to be as confused as Tarzan had been, rubbing her eyes she looked at the young man whom she spent the night with. 

Dedication Challenge: 

In 'The Lion King', what type of creature is Zazu?

A. Budgie 

B. Cockatoo 

C. Hornbill

D. Parrot