Chapter 6

"We'll show you when we get there" Simba whispered.

"Oh" Nala said as she began to put two and two together, "Mom can I go with them?"

"Can we go with Mom? Please!" Tarzan said while looking at his mom.

Sarabi looks at Tarzan and Simba before looking at Nala and Sarafina.

"What do you think Sarabi?" Sarafina asked.

"Well..." Sarabi said with a long pause before the three cubs looked up at her.

"Please!" The three of them said in unison with big smiles.

"It's alright with me" Sarabi said before the three cubs began to celebrate, "As long as Zazu goes with you"

"No" Simba said groaning.

"Not Zazu" Tarzan added looking at the other two.

They knew that with that annoying hornbill around, they would not be able to have some REAL fun. But still, whether Zazu was with them or not, Tarzan, Simba, and Nala were off on an adventure.

As the young cubs walk toward the water hole, they look up and see Zazu flying above them to make sure they didn't get into any trouble.

With Nala walking beside them she asks her friends about their real plans, "So where are we really going?"

"An elephant graveyard" Tarzan whispered.

"Wow" Nala said a little too loudly.

The two brothers shushed her motioning to Zazu.

"Oh! Sorry! Wow, an elephant graveyard" Nala whispered excitedly, "But how are we going to ditch the dodo?"

"Leave it to us" Simba said.

Zazu takes notice at how the three children are talking quietly.

"What are you three up to?" Zazu asked flying down in front of them.

"Cub stuff" Nala said with a smug look.

"Don't get smart with me, if you think that planning to run away from your betrothal will help think again?" Zazu said.

The cubs looked at one another in confusion before Nala asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Yeah, and what does betrothed mean?" Tarzan added.

"One day you and Kamaria from the Makuu Pride will be married" Zazu informed.

"I can't marry an unknown lioness" Simba said crouching down in front of the hornbill.

"Yeah, it'd be too weird" Nala added while Tarzan nodded in agreement.

"Well sorry about bursting your bubble but you have no choice, it's a tradition going back generations" Zazu said.

"Well, when I'm king that'll be the first thing to go" Simba said.

"What about me?" Tarzan asked looking at his brother and cousin.

"Don't worry, you can be Simba's Royal advisor" Nala suggested.

"Well you can't be a Royal advisor not with me around"  Zazu said looking at Tarzan.

"Well, in that case, you're fired" Simba said with a smirk.

"Hmm, nice try but only the King can do that" Zazu responded.

"Well he's the future King" Nala said.

"Which means you have to do everything he tells you" Tarzan also said.

"Well not yet, and with an attitude like that, I don't think you're ready to be King" Zazu said in a slightly angry tone.

"I'm going to be a mighty king, so enemies beware!" Simba sang jumping close to Zazu.

"Well, I never have seen a King or beast with quite so little hair" Zazu sang as well picking a hair of Simba's head.

Dedication Challenge: 

Who provided the voice of Grandmother Willow?

A. Julie Andrews

B. Linda Hunt

C. Eleanor Audley

D. Angela Lansbury