Chapter 14

Night soon falls and Tarzan waits for the Pride to fall asleep before sneaking out and towards the Jungle to meet Pocahontas without knowing Simba was secretly following him. 

Tarzan and Pocahontas are talking with Simba secretly watching them when Tarzan thinks that he sees something and shakes his head. 

"What is it?" Pocahontas asked. 

"The tree is talking to me" Tarzan said in a quiet voice. 

"Then you should talk back" Pocahontas said getting closer to him. 

"Don't be frightened, young man. My bark is worse than my bite" Grandmother Willow said. 

"Say something" Pocahontas encouraged. 

"What do you say to a tree?" Tarzan asked looking at her. 

"Anything you want" Pocahontas said. 

Before Tarzan could open his mouth, he and Pocahontas heard a voice calling out her name. 

"Kocoum! He can't find you here, he'll hurt you" Pocahontas said worry in her voice. 

"Quick, over here" Grandmother Willow said ushering them behind her trunk. 

"Pocahontas, where are you hiding? I know you're here" Kocoum called out as he searched for her. 

In order to protect Tarzan from being attacked, she started to move out from behind the tree when Tarzan instinctively grabbed her waist and kissed her in which Kocoum and Simba both saw. 

Kococum does a war cry and attacks Tarzan which enrages Simba who lunges out of the shadows and attacks Kocoum. 

After awhile Kocoum lays motionless on the jungle floor with Simba eying him menacingly. 

Pocahontas rushes over to the deceased warrior before looking at Simba yelling, "You killed him!" 

Simba looked at Tarzan before saying, "I thought that—" 

The lion moved closer trying to explain as Pocahontas glared at him. 

"Get away from him!" Pocahontas yelled hurt and sadness in her voice. 

"Pocahontas, it won't help! He was only—" Tarzan said trying to defend his brother. 

"He killed him!" Pocahontas cried. 

They soon heard noises from where Kocoum appeared from thinking fast Pocahontas said, "You need to get out of here Tarzan" 

"Come with me" Tarzan offered taking her hand in his and looking into her eyes. 

"I can't Tarzan, you must go now," Pocahontas said watching as Simba led him away before the warriors arrived. 

Tarzan and Simba rushed back to Pride Rock without talking to one another and went their separate ways when they reached the den. 

The following morning Tarzan woke up to the sounds of Scar and Nala arguing. 

"Dad, I can't stay here anymore, I need to go find myself a mate" Nala said irritated. 

"The Pridelands protect you" Scar said just as irritated. 

"I'm not a young cub anymore, dad. Don't you want me to find a mate and have a family?" Nala questioned. 

Tarzan got up and stretched before walking out of the den, noticing his father and brother talking quietly by the corner of the rock. 

Tarzan was about to leave when he saw his dad walking over to him before he said, "We need to talk" 

The young man followed his dad down Pride Rock and towards the watering hole. 

Once they were at the watering hole Mufasa sat down before looking at Tarzan who sat down as well. 

"Simba told me about what you were up to last night"  Mufasa spoke.

"I was just curious about the creature that looked like me" Tarzan said looking down ashamed. 

"You betrayed us all" Mufasa said. 

Upon hearing that, Tarzan ran off upset that he had betrayed his family. 

Dedication Challenge: 

What tribe was Pocahontas a part of?

A. Pottawatomie

B. Pennacook

C. Powhatan

D. Passamqoudy