Chapter Fifteen

Your Pov

Just before Lance could continue whining, an all too familiar screeching of the alarm filled the castle. "Allura, Coran, to the bridge. The rest of you move your asses to your lions!" I swiftly order lightly grabbing Allura's arm. "Old habits die hard, ae spitfire" Coran snickers from behind me. "My first priority is getting you two to the bridge" I state firmly.

"You plan on fighting. Don't you" Allura mutters once we reach the bridge. "Their just kids Allura, they're going to need help" I state firmly. "You're still just a child yourself!" she pointedly glares. "Actually I'm over 10,000 years old" I briefly smirk. "How do you plan on fighting, you've avoided the topic of your wings" she sighs halting her actions to look at me. "let me worry about that" I state, avoiding her gaze. "I assume my suit is where I left it" I mutter, leaving before she could protest.

"(f/n), I am highly against you taking part" Allura all but yells through my communicator. "but you won't order me to stand down" I knowingly muse. "You know I don't like ordering you" she sighs. "Then quit worrying. I'm a soldier, not a child" I state, reaching the bay doors. "Just be careful, we don't know if you're fully recovered and you haven't had training in years" she murmurs. "Ah as much as I'd hate to ruin the moment, can we borrow this suppose legend because we're having some trouble here" Lance yells through the com. "Duty calls Princess" I muse sliding on my helmet. "How do you plan on getting out there! Your wings are missing!" Allura yells.

"Let's see if I still have it" I murmur. Sucking in a deep breath I mentally prepare myself as I shift my focus to the parallel gashes between my shoulder blades. A low gasp shudders through my lips as the gashes begin splitting. "I'm serious! if shes coming to help now would be a great time!" Lance shrieks through the com once more. "Be patient, it's been a few thousand years" I grunt falling to my knees as an overwhelming pain tore through my back. Like a cage beast tearing its way out of my body. "(F/n)!" Allura's shrill yell barely registers until her cold hands make contact with the sides of my face. "I'm fine" I grit as another wave of pain, stronger than the last forces me to all fours. "Your not! I told you we do to know if you're fully healed!" She argues. A sudden tearing sound fills the air as I desperately begin to gasp for air. "CORAN!!!"

Another tearing sound followed by more pain, only this time black spots begin to form in my vision. "Oh my. What have they done to you" Allura mumbles pulling my head onto her lap. I want to ask her why she looks so broken, just what she sees that makes her feel this way but I just can't find the energy to speak. "My beautiful little solider" she mumbles looking at me with glassy eyes. "I'm so sorry"