Chapter Thirty-Four

Your Pov

After months of training and strategic meetings, the day i had dreaded hung over my head. "Cousin, no matter what happens tomorrow, I want you to know, these past few months will become memories that I will cherish" Yana states slipping her slender fingers between mine. "As will I" I briefly smile, fluffing up her hair before heading out to the training grounds.

I could feel the unease and urgency that filled the night air. Everything depends on the outcome of this battle, the sacrifices that will be made will determine this outcome and we will only succeed if we give our everything.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Yana is my shadow, you on the other hand are more like a stalker" I hum raising an eyebrow at Keith. "I just worry" He admits scratching the back of his head. " You all do" I sigh, patting the space beside me on the bench. "We're going to win" He states after a moment of silence. "We will" I nod, tilting my head to the stars. "Without you having to sacrifice yourself" He adds, grabbing my chin and forcing me to look at him. 

I couldn't answer that. I knew there would be no way out of this situation. When the time came i would have to leave them. It made my heart ache, the thought of abandoning the new family I had come to love.

And the human who caused my heart to crash against my rib cage with his soft words and his blazing touch. The human who had brought my heart to life when I was sure it had died with Ryker. The human who is begging me to stay with his eyes and all I want to do is give him his wish.

But I can't.

"Thank you, Keith" I murmur, slipping my hand against his cheek. "For bringing me back to life" I softly smile. Hesitantly, I brushed my lips against his. The movement causing him to jump slightly before he returned the action, his soft lips becoming more and more forceful as he hooked his arm around my waist pulling me into his lap. "Stay" he whispers against my lips. "I wish i could" I murmur brushing my fingers over his cheek. "You have no idea how badly I want to. How badly i wish to stay with you all" I mutter resting my forehead against his. "Then give us a chance. A serious one, don't just agree because you think its what we want to hear. Agree because you believe in us" He whispers brushing the hair from my face.