Chapter Twenty-Three

Your POV
"The Empress has returned!" Shrill cheers reach my ears as I traveled through my people's village. "Your story has been passed down from generation to generation" the Shatar grins, gesturing to the smiling faces. "You even became a prophecy. When the goddess returns, scarred by the universe. The draconian people will rise to shield her until she can take to the air with them" the elder sighs, directing her wrinkled eyes to my back. "We'll release you from your chains my dear, don't you worry" she softly smiles.

"Empress" a gruff voice calls as a group approach us. " I am Welrick. The direct decedent of General Ranvil" The physically older male introduces himself before taking a knee. "General Ranvil" I smirk "he was quite a flirty young draconian" I chuckle regarding Welrick. He resembled Ranvil quite a bit. The same green eyes, the same square jaw even the same slicked back, black hair. "He was an excellent general though" I muse, placing my hand on his shoulder. "I'm honoured to be in the care of his decedent" I softly state. "These are the top warriors in your kingdom. We will be you sparring partners as well as your trainers" he firmly states rising to his feet. "This is Blace and Trayis, they're experts with a blade of any kind" he boasts gesturing toward the obviously twin Draconians. "This beauty is Yana, she is undefeated in hand to hand combat" he smirks gesturing toward the small blue eyed draconia behind him. "We're actually related" she timidly speaks up. "You're my last living relative. My ancestor Farah, was your cousin" she faintly smiles, grasping my hands between hers. "It will be nice to have some family again".

"That it will" I hum, squeezing her hand in response. "You will have time to get to know each other properly later. For now, the rest of the elders are waiting" Shatar hums, gesturing a wrinkled hand toward the castle. "I will call for you all later" I nod toward the group. 

"Empress" a gruff voice calls the moment the large double doors open. Two  elderly male Draconians stood bowed before us. "How we've prayed for this day" The shorter of the two men grins.