ten.

to be completely honest, harry didn't know what to do with himself for the weekend without dante. it felt like she'd been with him all of his life, that the years he'd lived through with out her in his life ceased to exist, and now she's suddenly ripped this big whole in him, leaving him paralysed in bed the entire morning. "why am i so fucking dramatic?" he asked the ceiling after staring at it for a couple hours.

      naturally, the ceiling didn't reply to him, which made the tired boy groan rather loudly in pure confusion as to what to do with his day alone. he tugged on the duvet and pulled it over his head to try block out the light coming from around the blind adorning the window, which might i add, wasn't doing its job very well.

      after laying there, contemplating his life for a thousand years or so, he got up and poured a bowl of cereal for himself. his roommates were still asleep, thank god, so he didn't have to try to fake a happy conversation with either of them. it wasn't that he hated niall and louis or anything, he loved them like they were his brothers, but he just wasn't in the mood for their chirpy personas at the moment.

as he was eating, he sent a text to dante wishing her a happy trip and telling her he missed her greatly. harry decided to turn his phone off so as he wouldn't try to check it every two seconds in hopes that there is a message for dante saying she'd chosen not to go to her grandparents and was on her ear to harry.

      "good morning." a voice sang from behind where harry was sitting at the breakfast bar, making him jump slightly. he signed and turned around to see a chirpy, blond hair boy; his roommate, niall. he and harry had been roommates since they started college, along with their other mate louis, who hadn't woken up yet.

      "hi." harry replied, not exactly in the mood for conversation. he got up and put his bowl in the sink, ran some water on it and left it there for someone else to clean up.

      "what's up your arse?" niall jokingly asked the cranky boy as he popped two pieces of bread in the toaster.

      "dante is out of town for the weekend," he sighed, thinking about her made him want to drive all the way to wherever her grandparents house was and bend her over the bed or what ever piece of furniture was closest to them upon his arrival. "i just don't know what to do with myself."

      "there's a party in one of my mates houses, you could come with louis and i," niall said, placing his toast on a plate. "if you get drunk, you mightn't miss her as much." he began to butter his toast.

"ill think about it," harry said leaving the kitchen and went into the shower. after drying off and getting dressed, he decided to occupy himself by going to the library. he sat down near the spot he first met dante, he would have sat in it only a girl and a boy, who looked dante's age, were sitting there.

the boy, who looked quite similar to harry, was crying and the girl, who looked quite out of her depth, was trying to comfort him, trying to make everything better. she was whispering something in his ear, and as soon as she pulled away his face suddenly changed from a painful expression to maybe a hopeful one. god, it reminded him of when dante was crying right there because fucking alex broke her precious heart.

     harry unwillingly pried his eyes away from the now happy pair. he made a vow in his head at this very moment to never break dante's heart. as long as he was alive, he never wanted to see her cry, never wanted to see her in pain, never wanted to see her as anything but happy for her sake. he couldn't bare the thought of her having to carry anymore scars on the wrists.

      if only harry knew what would happen later that night. if only he didn't go to the party, if only louis didn't force him to take shots with him and some random girl. if only dante didn't go away for the weekend. if only harry was sober at the party, then everything would have been okay. but he wasn't.

      curious, about what happened, are we? eager to know what precious little harry did? well, your just going to have to let me explain it, aren't you...