Welcoming Inn

"God damn it ! , Leave it to me to get the dumbest Damn mare in Skyrim ! "
I had looked over to see what all the fuss was about as I unmounted my horse .. Freja had fallen almost head first into the ground by getting off her horse .
Freja Magnhild never worked well or even liked animals for that matter she seemed to always be bitten by an animal or almost trampled on even when she was a child but personally I found it to be her sheer bad luck .

" You find this so amusing don't you ? " I had looked down at her from the ground as I extended my hand out to her for her to grab " Not as much as I like to see you fall over everything , you drunkard "
She just flashed me an angry look as if someone had stolen a sweet roll from her or a bottle of Mead .." I only jest " I replied trying to ease over the tention . She just got up and dusted herself off and tied her mare to the post as I already did .

" It's be awhile since we have been to Riften hasn't it ? "
Freja just looked at the old city walls and gate as if she was remembering the city we were both raised in ... The city we caused more trouble in as young women .
" Do you think that old damn man is still living ? " Freja asked as she had already left the stables and was headed toward the city gates , I of course followed behind .
" Mr Haroled ? Old man has been dead I bet for 4 years " I began to wonder why Freja would ask such things of our past .. Freja never liked to talk about such things nor even mention it .
Me and Freja didn't really have happy child hoods but we made the best we could of it .
We adapted to it .
We both were raised at the Riften orphanage , I was only five at the time when I arrived and Freja was seven but the only thing she would ever tell me is that her parents passed away , she would never tell me anything more
I of course was left at a boat dock when my father left me .. it was the last time I had seen him and as a gruffy looking man as he was I didn't know him too well .
I never knew what happened to my mother honestly but my guess is my father didn't want to have the time to take care of a little girl as much as a brute he was .
Freja would even cry at night as a child and I remember me crawling up into her bed to comfort her on such nights .
In a funny type of way me and Freja were like sisters , are own Family but it was not long till we made another friend who was a traders daughter .
Belva .
Belva was always exploring every where around the town and it didn't seem like her parents cared any even tho Riften is know as the " town of thieves "
Belva acted like as if she didn't have a care in the world and it wasn't long till she became friends with us knowing we were the only two orphaned girls to stay outside to get away from Mr . Haroled .
The damn man was off his rocker and had a skooma problem nothing less and he would punish some of the other kids in the orphanage but me and Freja did our best to stay away and try to be ordinary children as if our parents didn't abandoned or "pass away ".
Belva would play with us in the town square till it became night and we would even make paper dolls out of old school books left in the orphanage , even in our teens we all became more out going and rebellious , even Freja became smitten with one of the town boys that happened to be Maven Black Biards newphew which was one of the most known families to be successful in producing their own special Mead .
To skinny dipping off the boat dock till , Star gazing and staying out after cerfew .
We were sisters .
Not related by blood
But by loyalty and trust

" We'll come on Nari ! "
I shook my head after being zoned out to realize she was on the other side of the gate ,waiting and as I ran to her I could hear the blots and iron and even the creak of the wooden gate close behind me as the two guard's stepped back outside to their posts .
Freja didn't go stright for the local inn .. she was heading towards the middle of town square as her wandering eyes took in every detail and fallen leaf that was on the bridges and docks around us .
And for the first time I think Freja was happy that things still looked the same from where we were kids .. we may not have had what we wanted and needed as children but we got by and we stuck together. All three of us .
" .. is everything ok ? You usually go stright for the inn ?
What's up ..? " I just stood there and waited for her to answer me.
But all she did was look in all directions .
" It's kinda good to be home in a way ? Isn't it ?" As she looked at me finally ..I just stood in awe .. Freja the one who's always a hard ass sometimes and is tough and bold ..Could it be ?
" Don't just stand there and look at me like I got something on my damn face let's go get a drink ! "
I had to smile at her demand ..
Yep . That's my Freja .