Epilogue

EPILOGUE

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

SEPTEMBER, 1500

*Isle of Ischia, Naples*

A beautiful, content life was all he ever wanted. 

Tragedy and horror plagued him, and nightmares ravaged him at night.  

He wanted peace - something he never believed he could find until he came here.

Ischia, Naples. 

Someone brought him here all those years. He struggled at first - he had seen so much terror and horror and he was filled with anger and vengeance. 

But, he fell in love and rebuilt his broken life. 

He didn't think it was possible but it was. 

She cared for him and helped - she helped the nightmares go away. She had a calming presence and did not turn her back on him - he needed help and she was ready and willing to give it - his fighter and defender. 

He couldn't imagine a life away from her or imagine anything changing this peaceful, content life he had created for himself. 

As he kissed the swollen belly of his lover who had bought happiness and light into his dark life, she gestured to something. 

"Look..." She said and he turned to see a dove was sat on the railings of their porch, preening its feathers, a note attached to one of his legs. 

He walked to the dove, removing the note as the bird flew away. 

Unscrolling, he took a deep breath. 

This message comes with great urgency.

Lorenzo is dead. 

He was killed by a Blessed Child who has aligned herself with the Borgia Family. 

She is powerful and possesses Hecate's Dagger. 

You must come and take your place. 

Lorenzo chose you as his successor 

We must avenge his death - and it starts by taking out the Blessed Child. 

We must take out your sister. 

Join us Amideo Merlini. 

Amideo looked at his lover, Isabetta. 

"What does it say?"

"I must go back..." He said, scrunching up the letter. 

"And kill my sister."

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hi everyone!

What an ending!

Amideo Merlini is still alive!

This lays out the foundations of the second book because it asks the questions of how he survived and why he never came looking for his sister but knew she was alive. 

Remember the wedding scene? His spirit was at the wedding - how?

All will be revealed in the second book - once I get around to it. 

I'm honestly so pleased of myself to finish this book so I hope you all enjoyed it. 

The second book is still in planning, so bits of this might change but I will get it out as soon as it is done. 

Thank you for being on this journey with me and I will see you all hopefully very soon!

xxx