˚f o u r˚

╔═══"chapter four" ═╗

                                         ╚═ "him" ═══╝

                                  ╚═ "him" ═══╝

"did he really? oh my god, hyung, that's great! see, i told you!"

jeongguk clutched his phone in one hand, holding his chin in the other while he laid on his stomach on his bed. jimin had called him early that morning, nearly screaming his ear off as he recounted the events of the night before. apparently, jimin had heeded jeongguk's advice and had been flirty and playful with taehyung, and the two had ended up making out between the bookshelves at the college library. jimin had confessed his feelings for the younger and taehyung had immediately confirmed he felt the same way, but had been scared jimin didn't like him back. it was just as jeongguk had predicted.

"so, are you two official now?" jeongguk asked, rolling onto his back.

jimin was quiet for a second. "i don't know, we didn't really bother discussing that..."

jeongguk giggled, "you mean you were too busy sucking face to ask each other out."

the younger could practically hear jimin's blush through the phone. "yah, you're just jealous i have a man and you don't."

"yeah, and under whose roof would i be allowed to have a boyfriend?" jeongguk snorted, reminding jimin of his overly protective stepbrother.

jimin laughed. "i guess you're right. hey, when you graduate and come to college there's nothing he can do about that."

jeongguk hummed, "not if we go to the same one!"

the two talked for a bit longer before jeongguk bid his best friend a goodbye, craving breakfast. his stomach had started growling obnoxiously midway through jimin's retelling of the steamy makeout session, and jeongguk wasn't the type to ignore the signs his body gave him.

it was barely nine am, and so jeongguk concluded namjoon was likely still asleep. he slid out of bed and made his way to the stairs in his pajamas, curiously following the tantalizing scent of sausage being cooked.

perhaps his stepfather was home for once and decided to make breakfast as an apology for being gone literally all the time? jeongguk didn't care honestly, he just wanted to stuff his face with this delicious smelling food.

but the boy immediately froze when he reached the bottom of the stairs and his eyes locked onto a tall figure standing in front of the stove, shirtless with just a pair of sweats hanging around his waist.

fuck, jeongguk thought to himself, is it possible to be sexually attracted to shoulders?

he accidentally let out a squeak when the guy flexed his back muscles as he reached into the cupboard. whipping his head around, jeongguk met eyes with the most beautiful man he'd ever seen in his life, save for g-dragon, of course.

seokjin couldn't believe his eyes.

it was him.

standing before him, in only a loose white tee shirt and a pair of grey boxers, was the boy from the frat party. the boy's eyes were wide and it was clear he was surprised at seokjin's presence.

the two stared at each other for a solid minute before another set of footsteps echoed down the stairs and then namjoon was walking into the kitchen, also shirtless (although that was something jeongguk was accustomed to) and rubbing his eyes. "oh, jin hyung, you made breakfast? i was just gonna get something from mcdonalds." he then noticed his brother standing there, and started. "morning guk," namjoon greeted. "ah, i see you've met my friend?"

seokjin put his hands on his hips. "excuse me, that's best friend. but namjoon-ah, how come you've never introduced me to this cutie?"

namjoon gritted his teeth, "that cutie is my little brother you headass."

seokjin suddenly had trouble breathing. he'd made out with his best friend's younger brother?

"actually, it's step-brother," jeongguk spoke up, his voice cracking slightly from sleep.

seokjin could breathe a little easier. at least they weren't actually related. "that still doesn't explain why i've never met him in the ten-plus years we've known each other," he stared pointedly at namjoon, a bit upset his best friend in the world would hide something so important from him.

namjoon shifted his weight from foot to foot, while jeongguk just rolled his eyes. "he's overprotective of me and doesn't let me around anybody other than my two best friends." the youngest chuckled slightly, "he was probably afraid you'd get the hots for me or something."

namjoon reddened a shade deeper than his red sweatpants, pushing his brother. "yah, shut the hell up!"

the brothers were too busy smacking each other to notice seokjin blushing at jeongguk's words. how ironic, he thought. namjoon was worried that if i met his brother i'd like him, but he has no idea we've already met.

"breakfast is ready, you animals," seokjin said, having turned back to his meal preparations. the two immediately pulled apart and rushed to the table, the urge to eat stronger than the want to fight each other.

breakfast was just a little awkward, to say the least. jeongguk quickly shovelled down his food and thanked seokjin for the meal before excusing himself and scurrying upstairs, away from the steady gaze of the ridiculously beautiful and still shirtless man.

he quickly got in the shower and turned the water on cold, wanting to get rid of the little problem he'd acquired during breakfast. after washing up, jeongguk dried off and got dressed in warm clothes before running back downstairs. "i'm going to hyung's dorm, bye!" he called to namjoon as he quickly shoved on his shoes and pulled his coat on and dashed out the door before his brother could say anything.

seokjin couldn't help but laugh at his best friend's disgruntled face. "aish, seokjin hyung this kid will be the death of me," the younger exhaled, rubbing his palms over his face.

"he doesn't seem that bad," seokjin smiled. "maybe you're being too harsh on him. let him be a kid." 

namjoon snorted, "he'd be some old man's bitch if it wasn't for me. you saw how cute he is."

seokjin bit his lip, trying not to mention that yes, he did know exactly how cute namjoon's little stepbrother was. in fact, he was having a hard time breathing normally around the raven haired teen.

but he could never tell namjoon that, so seokjin just nodded and smiled, looking away.