Chapter 1

Emily's P.O.V

It was already 2am. I decided it would be best if I go back home from my best friend, Georgia's house. I bet my Mum is getting really worried. Haha. Who am I kidding? My mum probably doesn't even know who I am. My dad left my mum when I was 13. Now I'm 16 and these past 3 years have been really tough. The day after my dad left, my mum has been trying to forget everything. She goes out with her friends to the club then comes back home at around 3am, usually full on drunk. When I was 13, I didn't know how to deal with it, but now that I'm older I know to not be around her when she's drunk and nothing bad will happen.

"Thank you so much for having me, but I should probably get going," I said to Georgia.

"Yeah you're right. I should also get some sleep," she replied.

"Bye," I said as I walked out of Georgia's front door.

The cold, Melbourne winter wind stuck me when I took my first step out. My house was about a 30 minute walk. Luckily I brought my massive jumper or I'd probably freeze to death. The streets of Glenroy looked very dull and lifeless at night. There were no cars diving past or any sign of light. It was very dark and if it wasn't for the moon it would have been pitch black.

After about 10 minutes into my walk, my phone started blasting out 'My Hitta.' I answered the phone and immediately recognised the voice.

"WHERE ARE YOU? IT'S PAST 2. YOU BETTER COME HOME THIS INSTANT!" She yelled ferociously.

"I'm on my way home now," I replied.

Just as I was about to say bye I heard to pair of arms grab onto me.

short chapter. I know. but i wanted to leave a cliff hanger even though most of youes know most of the story.

Like, comment. :) ♥♥♥