7

"Dylan?" He stops cooking us dinner and looks at me. "Why does no one mention my bruises or cuts?" Dylan continues to chop the rest of the carrot.

He doesn't respond so I keep going. "Do they think that you abused me?" I look down at the knife in my hand. We were cutting vegetables for a soup and thoughts just couldn't help but pop up.

"No, I don't think they do." He stops cutting the carrot and put the chopped up ones into a bowl. "When my dad was alpha, he abused my mom. Even though they were mates my dad had to get out his anger on her." I wrap my arms around him in a hug.

"Im sorry that happened." Dylan faces me and looks into my brown eyes. He smiles but I can see the sadness behind his eyes.

"So am I." We continue chopping vegetables. "The reason they don't say anything is because when they would to my father, they would get punished or killed for assuming anything against them."

I watch him as he continues. "Nobody wants to see me like my father." He holds the knife tighter then before.

"What happened to him?" I finish cutting celery and put it into the bowl with the carrots.

"I killed him." Dylan waits for my reaction. I don't say anything but continue chopping the next vegetable. "Im sorry." To be honest, the way his father sounds, I would never want to meet him.

"Don't apologize. That man sounds like a monster. Your not a monster." I reassure.

"We've only known each other for two days." He is still not convinced.

"Eventually I will know you for longer and I will say the same thing."

"Come on." Dylan leads me out into the forest which surrounds the clearing the buildings are in.

He takes off his pants and shirt. I'm about to say something but then he morphs into a large wolf.

Standing in wolf form, his is at my waist in height.

He leans down on his legs implying for me to get on his back. I do so carefully. As soon as I'm on, Dylan takes off running.

I can't stop smiling as he takes me as fast as he goes until we stop at the edge of town. He morphs back. Even though he is now naked I don't really mind. At least it's not as weird as the first time.

"Why are we here?" I ask as we sit on the grass just behind a few trees.

"The sunset in this spot is breathtaking."

I bring my knees to my chest as I watch the sun lower. Warm and cool colors mix making the sunset gorgeous. It quickly ends after.

"That was beautiful." I tell Dylan picking grass from the ground. 

"Just like you!" Dylan kisses my check. I blush and cuddle up next to him.

"This would be less awkward if you had clothes on." I point out.

"Sorry." I hear give a small laugh.

"I like your laugh" I compliment.

"Well yours is cuter." He compliments back.

We spend a few more minutes in silence and then we go back. The ride seems quicker on the way back compared to the way there.

We arrive at the house. I go grab some clothes for Dylan from his room. He shifts in front of the house and puts his clothes on.