Chapter Ten

Hello to my beautiful readers! I know, I know its been a long looong time since I uploaded :( but I decided that with new people adding my story id update just for you guys :D

Give me feedback, votes, fans - it gets me motivated :)

I hope you guys enjoy!

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

TEN

Jace.

            “So, I never pictured my daughter-in-law to be a human.” My dad grinned at me. A warm feeling grew inside me until it forced my to smile to big it hurt my face as I thought about Anna and myself marrying one day.

            But she’s human. A voice told me She might not even want to talk to you again after she finds out what you are. A dull pain shot through my heart making me cave in on myself letting a hiss out through my teeth.

            “Hey, dude you okay?” A had slapped my back. I looked up at Adam, who was frowning as he bent down next to me.  I straightened out slowly finding that now I wasn’t thinking about Anna leaving me, no pain occurred. “Yeah, man. I’m alright.”

            “Alright.” He walked lazily over to my fridge and took a bottle of water, tossing me another one. He unscrewed the lid, took a few gulps and then screwed the lid back on again after wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He waited until my dad walked out of the room, most likely going to his study. Adam, lent against the kitchen sink and assessed me. “You seem happy man.” He grinned and his eyebrows rose “Getting a little action huh? Does she have a friend?” He walked over and nudged me in the ribs.

            I pushed him away frowning at how this was the way I used to act before I met Anna. “Nah, dude. I, um” Suddenly I didn’t know how to word to my at the moment mateless best friend that I have found my mate. “Adam, I- ”

“Jace!” My dad yelled making his way into the kitchen again “Come with me for a while. We have a new family of wolves moving in, a mother and two boys. I want you to come and meet them with me.” He looked at Adam “Your welcome to stay and keep my wife from frightening off the new guests we have over.” We laughed, no one can get frightened of my mom. She’s one of the rare people who you feel immediately comfortable around.

“Alright. Let’s go” I fist bumped Adam on my way out the door “Later, dude.”

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Anna

The door opened so fast it nearly ripped off it’s hinges. Then, there stood my uncle Troy grinning broadly in his excitement.

            “Declan! How are you my boy?” He reached out and grabbed my brother throwing him in the air and catching him again, making him squeal and laugh in excitement.

            Troy looked over Declans’ shoulder at me and held out a muscular arm to me, I came closer and found myself crushed against a heated broad body. Sometimes I wonder why my uncle seems to be a running at a slightly hotter temperature than any other male I know.

Hold on I thought. Now thinking about it Jace seems to be quite hot too. In more ways than one I grinned.

            “What’s got you all smiles and blushes, A?” My uncle smirked at me making my cheeks heat up more.

            Before I could say anything though I musical voice called Troy’s name from behind an open door. “Be right there!” My uncle shouting back.

            He turned his attention to Declan, who was still in his arms. “Okay, buddy. You ready to go meet your new teacher and classmates?” He grinned. Declans’ eyes grew wider for a moment but he determinately nodded his head and wiggled to get down.

            He looked at me for reassurance, I nodded encouragingly and he turned to face out Uncle again “Yeah, Uncle Troy, I’m ready now.” He grinned, excitement finally setting in.

            As we made our way through the double oak door I immediately noticed a comfortable, pleasant and happy atmosphere. I looked at Troy the same he glanced at me and we grinned as we turned our attention to Declan who was slightly peeking out from behind my legs, his eyes large and glancing around in earnest trying to take in everything at once.

The room was large, with half the room spaced out with small tables and chairs, like a classroom. There was a larger mahogany desk at the front of the room, cluttered slightly with papers and covered in pictures i'm assuming were drawn by the children in the class. The other half of the room had an extremely large couch, that at the moment had four children sitting on it listening intently to a children’s book being read adventurously by a beautiful middle-aged woman. An attractive  male around eighteen was leaning against the wall behind her, when we made eye contact he smirked and winked making me roll my eyes playfully and smile. He laughed. The woman seemed to notice our presence and glanced over at us and smiled finishing her book making the children groan.

            She laughed “Alright guys, there will be more later, I promise. Now go and play outside for a while with Adam.”

            Coming over to us she shook my hand and smiled warmly at me, I instantly liked her for making me feel at ease. She then bent down on her knees to face Declan who was staring at her in amazement. “Hello, you must be Declan? Im Emily. Emily Goodyear.”