Fourteen

Hey guys! I need duet name suggestions still, but I'm thinking about "Complete". Let me know what you guys think. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katelyn's P.O.V.~
  I drop my phone, and cover my mouth. I fall to my knees, and begin to cry. Grabbing my phone, I immediately call Shawn.

  "He-What's wrong?!?" He asks suddenly alarmed.

  "I-it's my b-brother," I stutter.

  "What about him?" He asks.

  "H-he got p-paroled," I say in between sobs.

  "I'll be home soon," he says immediately.

  Before I can object he ends the call, and I assume he begins packing. I curl into a ball on the floor and cry. I grab my phone again, and I call Ella.

  "Ella?" I ask softly.

  "What's wrong Katelyn?" She asks worriedly.

  "Can you just come over please?" I ask, trying to keep my voice from breaking.

  "Of course, I'll be there in ten."

I lay on the cold tile until Ella arrives. I explain everything to her, including that Shawn is on his way home.

"He cancelled his tour?!??" She asks with shock.

"Yeah I guess so," I reply.

We continue to talk for a couple more hours, until I get another call from Shawn.

"Hey," I answer softly.

"Hey baby, are you ok?" He asks.

"Yeah, Ella is over here with me," I answer.

"That's good. I'm on the next flight home, so I will be there in a few hours," he announces.

"Shawn, you don't need to come home or cancel your tour, I'll be fine."

"Even if you are fine, I am going to come home to support you. And at least now I can come to your graduation," he says.

"Yeah," I admit.

"Ok, I have to go. My flight boards in half an hour. I love you," he says.

"I love you too," I reply.

"Shawn's gonna be home in about 3 hours," I announce.

"Okay," Ella responds.

Ella and I hang out for the rest of the day, and we start to fall asleep when us gets late. I wake up to a pair of strong arms carrying me to bed.

"I missed you," I whisper.

"I missed you too," he replies before kissing my forehead.

  He sets me down on the bed, and crawls in next to me. I quietly cry into his chest, while he strokes my hair.

  "We will figure this out," he assures me.

  "But what if he tries something?" I ask worriedly.

  "He won't as long as I'm alive."

  We fall asleep in each other's arms, and with dried tears on my face. It feels so right to have his arms around me again.

When we wake up, we find Ella, still sleeping on the couch. Shawn helps me make breakfast, and he comforts me as much as possible.

"Hey Shawn," a groggy Ella says from the doorway.

"Hey Ella, thanks for coming over yesterday. You helped her when I couldn't."

"Yeah anytime," she responds tiredly.

We all sit and eat, while discussing the details of my brothers release.

"Ella, I'm not going to school today, can you get my classwork?" I ask.

"Sure. I'll drop by after school," she replies.

"Thank you Ella."

"No problem."

After Ella leaves for school, Shawn and I attempt to relax. I decide to take a shower, and Shawn insists on joining me because he's been gone for so long.

After our shower, we find Ella waiting in the living room. She turns over and looks at our equally wet hair.

  "Okayyyyyy," she says.

  Shawn and I chuckle at her awkwardness.

  "I was gone for 3 weeks! You can't blame me for missing her!" Shawn complains.

  "Yeah, yeah," Ella says and waves us off.

  She hands me my assignments, and I start working on them. Shawn and Ella chat and make dinner, while I finish my work.

"So when is he being released?" Ella asks with her mouth full.

"Tuesday, but they gave a restraining order against him for me."

"That soon?!?" Ella exclaims, almost choking on her food.

"Yes," I reply emotionlessly.

  I feel Shawn's arm snake around my waist to comfort me. I lean into his chest, and rest my head on his shoulder.

  "I love you," he whispers into my ear.

  "I love you too," I whisper back.

*
Shawn's P.O.V.~
  I'm so worried about Katelyn. I'm worried that if I leave her side, she will snap and I won't be able to help her. I don't want her to ever feel this pain, and betrayal from her brother. I don't want her to hurt at all.

After Ella leaves, I carry Katelyn to bed again. I crawl in next to her, and hold her close to my chest. We slowly drift off to sleep. It feels so right to be in each other's arms again.

"I love you," she whispers as she falls asleep.

" I love you more," I whisper back.