Chapter Seventeen

"Shouldn't they have dropped out of a vent in one of these rooms?" I asked Hoseok.

Hoseok and I were standing in the main hallway, of the house, looking above us for answers as to where Jimin and Ji-won were. Before looking for them, we checked every room, within the house, for a sign of Namjoon and we even searched the outside perimeter for Namjoon's car. There was nothing to be found but the destruction and tragedy that he left behind. When we came to the conclusion that we were safe for now, we started our search for our missing boys.

"Let's just call out for them," Hoseok suggested.

Together, we began shouting for Jimin and Ji-won. Judging the size of the air vents, it could be possible that they either got stuck or, because the house is so big, they could be lost. To be sure they didn't freeze or get cooked to death, we found the thermostat and shut all running air conditioning off.

Hoseok sighed, "They are probably crawling around in a different part of the house. If they heard us, they would have responded by now."

"There are way too many rooms to try figuring out where they are," I complained.

Hoseok argued, "Come on, JungKook! Just quickly enter a room, shout their name then, walk away. It's worth trying. I mean, the police could be on the way-"

"Fine! Fine!" I gave in.

Hoseok said, "You take the upstairs then."

With not a second to wait, I jumped up every other step until I got the second floor of the house. Even the upstairs was rummaged through and trashed. Namjoon's bloody footprints, faintly, tracked around the floors-going in and out of each room. Seeing the blood reminded me to avoid stepping in it. I didn't want investigators finding my shoe prints here too.

In the middle of the hallway, when heading toward the furthest room to the left, I thought I could hear creaking noises coming from above. It was a bit eerie sounding and continuous.

"What the hell?" I whispered.

The noises continued, along with a few unintelligible whispering.

"H-"

The creaking became louder, above me, to the point I jumped toward the railing of the staircase in fear. It was as if the ceiling was about to cave in. I didn't want to lose track of the noise so, I refrained from calling for Jimin and Ji-won, which i could hear Hoseok doing from downstairs. Following the creaking, it was heading to the right, toward the bathroom and, what seemed to be, a work out room judging by the gym equipment. Little specs of paint began to fall to my feet once the creaking turned into thumping.

"Ji-Jimin?" I softly called.

Boom! Boom! The thumping grew louder.

"What is happening up there?" I asked myself.

Faintly, I could hear, "Let go of my leg!" then, there was, "I can't breath!"

"Hoseok! I think I found them!" I began to shout.

While Hoseok made his way upstairs, I continued to follow the sounds.

"Jimin! Jimin, I'm right here!" I said to him.

He responded, "JungKook? JungKook, is that you?"

Anything else, after that, I couldn't understand. I tried to tell Jimin to find an exit, in one of the rooms, but I doubt he could hear me. From the endless chatter above, I assume Jimin was too busy arguing with Ji-won.

"Where?" Hoseok asked.

He finally made it upstairs but he was out of breath.

"They're outside the bathroom door," I replied.